• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your internet connection speed.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member

[strike]Apparently my parents' internet 45 mins drive out of the city is better than my 50$/month internet in the city. Which has been down for longer than the last 24 hours.

That's depressing. :shake:[/strike]

Nevermind, I was looking at the ISP rating, which is determined by voting. Download speed was much faster. My city ISP is still crap, though, with all disconnections I've had lately.

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
@CG - :tired2::nerd:

I don't even think I'd want to be online very much if my connection was quite that slow. Do you have a way to get a faster connection? Or are you just stuck at that. It kind of reminds me of dial-up, looking at your numbers.
I'm actually pretty stuck with what I have at the moment. It's never really bugged me that much, but obviously with GF I need faster connection. I should get is sorted within the next 6 months or so.

Chat is a nightmare... :shake:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I think I have much better speed now - certainly feels that way. dDave, is this better??

Download : 4.11 Mb/s
Upload : 1.21 Mb/s
Ping : 151 ms
Rating : 2.6/5

dDave

V.I.P.
I think I have much better speed now - certainly feels that way. dDave, is this better??

Download : 4.11 Mb/s
Upload : 1.21 Mb/s
Ping : 151 ms
Rating : 2.6/5
:) Yes that's much better, it's way better than mine now.

I wish I had a connection that fast.

What happened? I thought you said you couldn't get a different kind of connection.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
:) Yes that's much better, it's way better than mine now.

I wish I had a connection that fast.

What happened? I thought you said you couldn't get a different kind of connection.
I moved house! At least half the problem was my location. And in a few weeks I am still upgrading my contract and will get a bit of a faster setup as well, which should be awesome then.

Yeah, chat is bearable again!