• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your internet connection speed.

dDave

V.I.P.
I was just curious to check out my internet connection speed today for whatever reason.

I couldn't believe what I saw, it explained so much. I haven't really been able to play any online games lately because it always jammed up, now I know why. (Team Fortress 2 specifically)

Download 0.80 Mb/s
Upload .71 Mb/s
Ping 59 ms

2.6/5 rating

That's pretty ridiculously slow. I would have a faster connection but it's simply not available where I live.

I knew that my connection was pretty slow in the first place, but wow, I'll bet that most people I know have a better connection.

What's your internet connection speed?

To keep this pretty consistent let's use the same testing site.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

I promise it's not a rickroll. :D

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Interesting, except that I am technologically disabled, so I have no idea what this means, but mine are as per below:

Donload : 0.13 Mb/s
Upload : 0.04 Mb/s
Ping : 822 ms

Rating : 2.5/5

Does that mean I am faster or slower that you dDave?

Malificus

Likes snow

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit

This surprised me...

dDave

V.I.P.
Wow you guys have really good connections.

@CG - :tired2::nerd:

I don't even think I'd want to be online very much if my connection was quite that slow. Do you have a way to get a faster connection? Or are you just stuck at that. It kind of reminds me of dial-up, looking at your numbers.

Impact

V.I.P.
This is my work one, which is normally a little faster than my home one

And my home one.

Last edited:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.