Movies Your Ideal Date Movie?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What type of movie do you consider to be a good date movie?

Action
    Chick Flick
    Comedy
    Drama
    etc?

(Not a complete list, just something to give you some ideas)

Personally I prefer dramas for a date movie.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

You forgot Horror.

I would probably pick Thriller though.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I would go with comedy. Laughing is always good, no matter where you are or what you're doing.

4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Action for me! Of course, that's me and not the both of us... I'll probably suck it up and go with a romance or comedy. Then again, with movies like Bruno being released I would NOT want to take my girlfriend to see something like that. I would probably want to search for one of those old theaters that play the classic black and white romance films. Those seem like good, clean fun.

5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Comedy or Action, same as the movies I go and see if it wasn't a date. Besides, most guys I know would prefer to go see an action or comedy over a chick flick.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Do you think a guy should suck it up and see something the girl wants? I mean, he is taking YOU out on the date and generally the date caters to the woman he's trying to "woo".

It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it. ^.^

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree. In the end, if the girl wants to see one movie and you want to see another, well, you're seeing the movie she wants to see and that's all there is to it. (If you are smart, of course). :lol:

8. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I guess it depends how much the guy is into the girl. If the girl wants to see a chick flick and the guy is really into her, then sure, he could just suck it up and head along to the chick flick, but on the next movie date (if there is one) the chick should have to head along to a movie of his choice.

Then again, the girl could just chose a movie that they would both enjoy, and save the chick flick for another time with her female friends who would enjoy it more.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Comedy or action for me. As much as I enjoy horror films, I wouldn't find one ideal for a date. I like watching them alone.

10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I'd say comedy or drama.

For me personally it would be anything other than chick flick. Even if I liked them myself, I would never put a guy through that pain. :lol: