• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your holiday entitlement

Bliss

Sally Twit
How many days off from work are you allowed each year and how quickly do you book them?

I get 25 days a year, from January to December and I book a big chunk of them as soon as I get back to work after Christmas.
We're only allowed one person off at a time in our team so it's best to get any important ones in straight away. I always book my Birthday, my boyfriend's Birthday and then I always try and book days off around Bank Holiday's hehe. I got in quick this year and secured three days off between two Bank Holiday's, which means in April I'll have 11 days to myself. God bless the royal wedding. :D

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
On every paycheque, we get a certain percentage extra called vacation pay. Some jobs, you just get it tacked on, and some employers bank it for you. So when you request a day off, you can use some of that money to cover your lost wages for taking a day off. Over a year, you usually end up saving about 10-12 days. So I usually use a few in the summer to make a long weekend, I always book my birthday off if it's not on a weekend. If it's on a weekend, I book the monday after off for a long weekend =P. And I save up some because the shop closes down for a week at the end of december, so I use the last of that years vacation pay to cover what I would have earned had I been working that week. Otherwise, if I have to stay home sick, I just lose that 8 hours of pay.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
25 days? Damn. I wish. I get 17 days, which is a lot. Most companies do 15 days. And then after three years of service, I get one day extra each year to a maximum of 30, I think. I book certain days ahead of time, if I knew I had plans for that time. Otherwise I just book it as I get/make plans, but generally at least 2 months in advance.

Bliss

Sally Twit
When I first joined I got 21 days. After you've been with the company 2 years it goes up to 23. After 3 years it goes up to 25. Then after 10 years it goes up to 30 or 33 I think. No more after that, though.
I don't plan on staying there for four more years just for some extra holiday time!