Your hobbies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by feral_films, Jun 25, 2005.

1. feral_films

feral_films Registered Member

I would like to hear what people here are into outside of the computer

I like to make N scale train layouts, and want to move to Z scale (smaller) soon.

Also, I go to a lot of shows, music festivals & rainbow gatherings.

what do you do?

2. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

I yell at now 5 kids as I aquired yet another one yesterday....I cook, I clean, I change diapers and clothing...give baths...I kiss booboo's....I find lost and hidden things through out the house, I often pick up mass amounts of toys up and down the hallways...I drive this one there and pick this one up here and ohhhh I gotta grocery shop.....I do Laundry...Laundry would have to be the number one hobby yessssssss because that is what I do the most of and for sure what I am best at.....<nods head>
    Often the children refer to me as the NO NO mama....

I never said once I totally enjoyed these hobbies, but they are quite rewarding in the end.......

3. Julie

Julie Registered Member

You call these hobbies? More like the requirements of motherhood!! If ya also wanna throw in the hubby coming home from work & ploppin his butt down & sayin "what's for dinner?" & "can you get this for me?" & "will you make this for me?"...then I need a different hobby!

I would say my hobby outside the computer is still computer-related cuz it basically consists of shopping thrift stores, yard sales, flea markets, etc. for *treasures* for ourselves & for ebay! I just love the thrill of the hunt!

4. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

no my hubby is not so demanding that way....but the kids [email protected] 2:00pm they are asking what is for dinner...I just hate that!!! lol

Seriously, Ebay is my hobby.....I also crochet and love a good book....but before all the kids...I did scrap booking (tried to do with the kids and that is just a fight and a mess) and some pottery, but was never real good at it, but it was fun....I don't have a wheel or anything anymore to even get back into it...I would have to start over....I do write...I am in the middle of a book....but it has taken me a long time, because I do not have hours to sit and write....I guess I could use my late nights more wisely...I also write poetry...some are even published...

And also a lot of you don't know this, but I am a belly dancer.....so now ya do....someday when I am brave enough I will show you my costumes and such....I did already display my daughter in one of hers in another thread....

I guess I didn't put this in the collectables thread, but I do collect shot glasses also from all over although I have not been all over hahahahah....I do have ones with funny sayings on them...I have about 200 or so......

I love fishing and boating and I love to swim......uggggggg ok ok I could go on and on

5. feral_films

feral_films Registered Member

feel free to go on and on, at least it's not illegal to talk

6. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

scrapbooking is my main hobby

7. dize

dize Registered Member

I go to art workshops, galleries, theatre, conventions. I assist in an art organization.
    I read a lot. I do things w/my family.

8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I just can't think of any...give me a minute and i'm sure I'll come up with something.............

9. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

WHATEVA...........

10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Now, was that shouted at me in a sing-song voice, or was the hand involved? I need a visual to go with this please. :)