Your High School Experience

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
On August 17th, my high School years Will officially begin At my tech School. I Was just wondering What people's High school Experiences were, were they positive, and truly the best years of Your life?
Do you keep contact with your high School friends?
Do you go to high School reunions?

leomay

Registered Member
my Experience is i donnot want to go to school any more..
i want to kill myself when in high school...stupid chinese high school..
they just let u study stupid things ..

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
On August 17th, my high School years Will officially begin At my tech School. I Was just wondering What people's High school Experiences were, were they positive, and truly the best years of Your life?
High school is a lot of things. For the most part, it's when you learn about discrimination, relationships, the materialism of the world, and there's some education sprinkled throughout. I think one important thing about high school most do not realize is that you will see about 2% of the people you graduated during the rest of your life.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I always look back at my HS years with a smile. I enjoyed the friendships I built there. I look back at my mistakes and laugh about it. Not everyone has the same view about it though. There were people who felt repressed or even bullied during their HS years and they'd rather forget about it. So it depends really on how you live your HS years. In all school years too, I noticed that HS phase is the one where peer pressure is more evident. You have to be grounded or you can get walked on, or just do things for the sake of conformity.

I still keep in contact with some HS friends. It also helped that we just didn't frequent each other in school back then. We are also neighbors (in a town where most people know each other) so each time I go visit my hometown then, I can see them.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
In my freshman year I was a bit nerdy. Glasses & braces, the whole nine yards...but those were removed by my sophomore year.
I was on the dance team and made friends with everyone and basically had an absolute blast my high school years.
I still talk to 2 of my best friends from high school, and the rest are just acquaintances.

I would go to a high school reunion. Our 10 year really didn't work out because we're all a bunch of slackers, and the chick that organized it was always dumb. Plus, she was too busy at her current job stripping in the city and was planning it from afar. That reminds me, I need to go to her strip club out of sheer curiosity.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
No, high school was as far from the best years of my life as it gets. I wish I could do it all over again, except that being that age sucked so bad.

I didn't know that I was a capable student; I didn't get a lot of support and encouragement from my parents, so as a result I didn't do very well academically. I graduated by the skin of my teeth with a 2.7 GPA. 15 years later, I finally graduated from college with honors. 3.5 GPA and it would have been higher if not for my fuck-ups my freshman year when I still hadn't figured out that I was smart and capable.

I did have some good friends in high school, but we did not keep in touch over the years. Most of us have reconnected on facebook, which is nice. However, I didn't have much self-confidence, and I don't really like who I was then.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
High school was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a very positive experience. I still talk to a several people I went to high school with but missed my last reunion.

I didn't like it at all. I mean, it was bearable, but I was so glad to leave. The way I see it, it basically all comes down to the friends you have/make there. I still know the girls I hung out with everyday, they're still my 'best friends'.

Anyway, the only reason I didn't like highschool was because I felt like it was such effort going in everyday when I didn't even really like anyone there and the atmosphere was odd. At lunch times there were about 5 definate groups/cliques of people and I hated that, it was like something out of a movie and I felt like if I went away from my 'group' to go talk to some nerdy kids it was like some huge walk of shame, so I never really spoke to people who were probably the most interesting of the lot.

browneyes106

Registered Member
My high school experience was mostly good. I was bullied at times in high school. I just always did my best to ignore the bullies. I was in cross country and track and field and I had fun in those. I made good friendships. I still value some of the my teachers today. I did lose contact with a few friends. But I hope I can reconnect with them somehow.

Good luck in high school MAgnum9987.

Harmony

Registered Member
My high school life was pretty average I think. We hung out in a group of about 10 of us, which would split up occasionally with bitching behind people's backs. But that's girls for you. My best friend from school (I've known her for about 12 years now) I still talk to all the time though, and I've got a few random people as friends on Facebook that I went to school with but never see.