• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hmmm... Your Gym Routine

dDave

V.I.P.
Since COVID-19 hit, I haven't been to the gym. It's been a real bummer for me as my gym time was my favorite every week. Greaet way to blow off some steam, stay in shape, and just listen to a podcast.

I do a bit of weight lifting on occasion but mostly I do cardio, that's my jam.

I go to the gym 3 times a week.

I'll do a sprint interval workout on the bike one day, totally kicks my butt. I do this for at least 45 minutes.

Another day I'll do the elliptical. I try to go at an aggressive pace to really make it hard on me. Again, 45 minutes.

The last day, I'll go for a run. 2-3 miles, however long it takes. Running is really hard as I've only recently gotten back into it.

I allow myself the freedom to choose what I want to do each day when I go to the gym, I'm not on a specific program. The key is that I commit to do each of the three above items once a week.

After each workout I will go and relax in the sauna for a good hour or so. I always bring 2 liters of cold water to stay hydrated and keep from overdoing it. I have to say, this is the thing I am most looking forward to when everything reopens.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I have a weightlifting system in the cellar of the house that I live in. But I haven't used it in years.

However, I don't want to get rid of it in case I change my mind and start weightlifting once again like I did when I was a teenager back in the '90's.

I've hardly ever worked out at a gym or fitness center before. Maybe I'll try it at some point.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I used to go to the gym a lot, then I became "poor" - the subscription here is very expensive, about 4x more than in the US. Now it's just on and off thing for me to exercise at home. I wish I have an elliptical - I liked that a lot as well as the Les Mills programs (my fave gym routine).

This month I tried doing those 30-day app challenges - I'm on my 12th day of plank challenge, it's killing me haha.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Years ago when I was in high school, a bunch of my classmates and I were at a gym in which we lifted weights to see which one of us was the strongest.