• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your GPA?

What's your GPA on a 4 point scale?

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
We've all got a GPA, what's yours?

In high school my GPA was a pretty solid 3.9 (weighted) on a 4 point scale. I was told by so many people that with a GPA like that I could get into some really nice colleges, I still went to community college anyway :lol:

My GPA in college is a bit lower because some of the classes were truly challenging. I believe I'm sitting at something like a 3.69 which isn't bad at all but I'd still like to get it higher than that. It's gonna be hard though, math just pulls me down the whole way.

What's your GPA?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Well, we don't actually ALL have a GPA. I'm not even sure how that works. :lol: Our education and marking system works a little different. The only thing that really matters here is matric exemption. Matric being what we call our final year of school, which would be like 12th grade.

I think to get exemption to get in to varsity, you need a score of 16. I got a 21, which is pretty decent.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
My GPA in high school was probably around a 2.4 or 2.5 because I didn't really care. I knew I could get into decent colleges with my test scores alone. I'm sure if I had tried I could have gotten close to a 4.0. I literally did no homework at all, and I failed a few classes on purpose. I can't say I'm really proud of that.

Bliss

Sally Twit
We definitely don't all have a GPA, considering I don't know what the heck that is.

At my school you did your exams in your final year, got graded and then left. Well, there was the choice to stay on if your grades were good enough.

dDave

V.I.P.
Amy, it's just a number that represents the average grades you have received overall. GPA is a Grade Point Average. This is useful because you can quantify all of your grades into one number.

It a useful number for colleges basically.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Mine was 2.5 to 3 in college because of distractions in my life. I was at a solid 3.5 in high school if you translate the grades.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
As Amy says we don't have a GPA in the UK, I have only heard of it thanks to US tv shows and moves but it is fair to say if we did have GPA in this country mine would be awful, I was never a good student in fact I got a grade of Unclassified in year 10, my mum flipped.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
BTW, I voted for the lowest GPA because I want to see the results and have no idea what my GPA would translate to based on the system we use, which is not GPA. Please don't think I'm stupid. :lol:

Wouldn't it be cool if we could find a system that could use different countries grading systems and jumble in to one to compare? :nod:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Mines currently 2.8. The only reason I have one is because my University is one of the few in Australia that recently adopted the US school system. I had to go searching for it for this thread. None of us don't even know what it is since it really isn't important. Especially in my course.