Your Funeral (and wedding?) Song

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rebeccaaa, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

What songs would you guys request be played at your funeral?
    And you can say for your wedding too if you like, or if you're already married what was the first song they played etc..

For my funeral I'd like a few songs but mainly Bob Dylan's Forever Young and Procol Harum's Whiter Shade of Pale. (which I just posted on the 'what are you listening to' thread :hi:) Mainly cos they stick out to me as songs which come with emotion, and I love most of the lyrics to 'forever young', think they are nice as a message to leave behind to loved ones.

YouTube - Bob Dylan - Forever Young

YouTube - Procol Harum - A whiter shade of pale 1967

Edit: Oops, I forgot to say: and why?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008

2. fragile

fragile Registered Member

I don't know about a song for my funeral. I try not to think too much about that yet. :stare:

But for my wedding I would like Canon by Pachelbel. It's a cliche, but I really like it.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

They'll probably play some classical music on my funeral, which I won't mind. Here are two non classical that would be nice if they played:

Heaven by Moonpools and Caterpillars
    (Just listen to the song and ignore the drama in the video, I think it's a dude sending his girlfriend an anniversary message. :hah: I can't find a video with just the music on it.)

YouTube - MoonPools and Caterpillars - Heaven

I'll Follow the Sun by Beatles

YouTube - The Beatles - I'll Follow The Sun

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

5. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

6. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

On the funeral - Summer Rain by Slinkee Minx

7. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

8. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

9. RATTIE

RATTIE Registered Member

You'll be lucky if you get to hear this as it's always so jumpy, I can only assume it's only because it's one of the most outstanding songs, and videos of all time:
    YouTube - radiohead - street spirit (fade out)
    It also reminds me of a sweet and beautiful young man the whole town felt the loss of in 1996.
    My other big brother. :wub:

This song is so beautiful it also brings me to tears. If I have any, this will be my wedding song:
    YouTube - David Bowie-Wild Is The Wind

I very much doubt I'll end up with either though.

To be honest though, I'd want my funeral to be more like a wake, a carnival even!
    Try Bowies' Laughing gnome! :lol:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  10. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow