Your Friendship Evolution

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Now I'm sure you guys read the title of this thread and you were like WTF...well let me explain. When your starting pre-school you meet your "first friends" then as you grow older you remain friends but also meet new people...then you get a job and you meet different people which might become your close friends...then you graduate and you see less and less of your school friends....it's part of life. Now the question I have for everyone is how did your friendship evolve with your long time school friends up when you graduated?? Did you remain close or did you grow apart and met new people? Hopefully that makes sense for everyone.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I'm only close friends with one person who I was close friends with in high school. There is another girl who I went to school with who I am good friends with now, but we never really talked that much in school. I don't have any really long term school friends because i've switched between schools so much. I still kinda keep in contact with a couple of people I went to primary school and my first high school with, but we definitely aren't close. I'm not really sure I answered your question, it confused me a little. Is that what you meant?

jereemiah

Registered Member
i'm not really close to any of my high school friends anymore. it's mostly a matter of the passage of time (25+ years) and distance (about 900 miles).

jeree

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I can't say that I've remained friends with all my shool-year friends but I have held on to a few through-out grade school, Jr. High, H.S. and College / University.
...The oldest friendship I share with someone from school has been going strong since the 4th grade! <3 :)

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
My very first best friend I had when I was 5, before we started school. We went to the same school together (she left after 3 years) and we kept in touch over those years. Then we met again in high school. By then we weren't best friends, but still friends. After high school I lost touch with her and then we started emailing at some point. Now we are FB buddies and you all know what that means. No contact whatsoever. Doesn't help she now lives in the US.

Anyway, with all other friends I've made over the years, the only ones I keep in touch now is one from college who happens to live in my town. That just about sums it up. All the rest are on FB.

Now the question I have for everyone is how did your friendship evolve with your long time school friends up when you graduated?? Did you remain close or did you grow apart and met new people? Hopefully that makes sense for everyone.
Grown apart from the group of girls I used to hang around with at school, except for 3 of them. I see a fourth a few times a year as she lives up my road but other than that we don't talk.

Those 3 that I still know, I've known for about 15/16 years (since I was 4/5). I'm not going to explain the relationship because I probably have already on GF about 5 times already and it's confusing (not to them, just to me).

But yeah, I still speak to those 3 and always make sure to see them when we're all at home.

FindMuck

Registered Member
I don't think this question is even applicable to my life. My best friends, even if I met them when I was 3 I still try to keep in contact with them.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I've made lots of friends during these years ... but never been close to any of them. With some of them I keep the friendship and see each other often, but I can't call them close friends.
Any close friend I've had and still have, was/is outside school/university.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I haven't kept much in touch with my (gradeschool/HS) friends because I moved out of town and eventually country, it was hard to keep contact. Before we were neighbors. But now thanks to facebook, I was able to find most of them again and see their progress. We also reminisce. I have a close circle of friends there and we just live in different cities and countries now.

I also have a close group from my university days. We try to have a reunion when we can (sometimes it's couple of years) because of us being in different countries now.

I keep meeting new people and developing friendships with other people, be it work, after work, when I got pregnant, etc. For each, I always keep a small circle of friends close to me that I get in touch with even if I have moved on to another stage in my life.

Iris

rainbow 11!
There are three people in my life from HS that are my really close friends. Jordyn, Jessica, and Dj. We still hang out when we can. :] I love them.

And for work, the only one i am REALLY close to is Kristin. I think I will be friends with all four for a long time. I hope.