Your first broken heart

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by AngelsPeak, Aug 22, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

How old were you?

Was it a crush or true love?

Do you still think about the person?

Would you do it all over again?

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

How old were you?
    I was less than 10 years old....

Mostly just a crush. She was the pretty girl in the class and I was the nerdy kid with cokebottle glasses and a late 80's mullet.

No I dont think about her really at all. We really just lost touch even though we were pretty good friends in High School.

Nope. heres why:

I had the crush on her from Kindergarten all the way up to about 4th or 5th grade. I mean the ideal elementary style crush that I kept to myself mostly. She was way out of my league... I was a frail skinny short poor kid that was raised on a ditch bank. Every year I had to work up enough courage to ask her to sign my year book and boy oh boy that was probably only rivaled by Valentines day (even though I got everyone else in the class the same exact card :hah:).

Then it happened.... The effects of a Small town took effect, everyone knows everyone.... Her Mom married one of my Cousins....Thus making her related via marriage. It screwed me over royally, theres no way I could ever continue with the relationship (even though she didnt know she was in it hahaha). So I moved on, no sense in persuing a crush that was now plagued by thoughts of incest.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
    kiwi likes this.
  3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Sniff :lol:

I was 16.

I consider it my first love. I've had many crushes and this is way beyond the crush level.

I remember him from time to time. We didn't have a proper closure and it effed several years of my life. Then I finally moved on, forgot about him and he finds me on the internet 11 years after. We talked casually and didn't bring back the past. I think if we had an alone time face to face we'd talk about things and it would be an interesting conversation.

Do what all over again? Fall in love with him? Yes. Have my heart broken by him? Yes. Of course, not now. :shifteyes:

'Tis better to have loved and lost
    Than never to have loved at all.

But if I could do it all over again (and be 16yo), I probably would have changed some decisions I made about us.​

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I was eighteen and I fell way too hard and way too fast. I'll never do that again.

5. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

How old were you?

About 16 I think.

A crush but it was pretty intense. I'm not sure if I've ever fully been in love. In a way I hope not because then I've got it to look forward to.

Yes, she was my first girlfriend and we actually got back together over a year ago but we broke up 3 weeks ago so I am going through it exactly again :lol: except this time I think it was more than just an infatuation but we just couldn't make it work. Bringing it to an end was one of the hardest things I've had to do.

Something tells me I'm going to go through it alot. Maybe even with her again some way down the line :lol: You've got to risk it all for love, it's the only thing worth taking the risk for.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
    ysabel likes this.
  6. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

I'm going to get castrated for replying.

How old were you?

Somewhere in between, though I'd sworn the latter at the time.

Yes. What, Bliss? Frying pan? OK lol but I wasn't planning on making any panc.. oh.. hds hsesaljjpj ttq 9 1 1

No I stopped a while ago really. We just became great friends and that's how I ended up seeing her. We don't talk any more though.

I would. I learned a lot from it that others and myself are now benefiting from. Has to rain before you appreciate the sunshine.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

How old were you? 19/20

Was it a crush or true love? Love.

Do you still think about the person? Every day.

Would you do it all over again? Yes.. but I'd make even more of an effort to keep her.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I've said it in another thread before - I've only been with Syndicate. So far he's never broken my heart, and I'm sure he never will!

9. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I'm fortunate enough to never have had my heart broken, but I have broken a few hearts myself along the way.

10. Sarra91

Sarra91 Registered Member

I was 15. April-June 2007. He broke my heart almost daily. But he's saved my life hundreds of times since by loving me.

It was true love. It still is.

I think about him constantly. I stalk him on here. And plan on moving in with him next year. :D

I would do it over again. And have.. It made me realize how empty I feel without him. And it made me trust him even more through everything that happened.