• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Your final thoughts on the Blue Jays 2013 season

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
This isn't a "I hate JPA" thread, neither a "what they must during the off season. This is a thread where you can share your final thoughts on what was a promising year for your Toronto Blue Jays.

Rehmo

Re: Your final thoughts on the Blue Jays 2014 season

Instead of #Lovethisteam I feel like the Bluejays should have switched to #Sorryfor2013. It was disappointing in every aspect, especially the fact they spend $35 million to win 1 extra game. I'm glad the agony is over and look forward to 2014... and on that note 2013 is offically over in my books and I will not speak of it again. :D

RLeesam

Players all started out collectively shitty, then they started dropping like flies. I think our offense will be one of the best again next year. Team defense and pitching remains a question mark, though.

StroShow

V.I.P.
I'm more pissed off at myself for this season. Since day 1 of Spring Training I told Blue Jays fans to calm down when they were losing games early on, then the same happened after April was in the books..so on and so on. As a whole, it was tough to see a team you bragged about so much do so poorly on the field. Hoping next year their fortunes will turn around.

Sabby

As my parents used to say to make me feel really lousy for my actions, I'm not angry at the 2013 Bluejays, I am disappointed. So much wated potential, underachieving superstars, injuries and a PoS catcher. I will say this though, I have some great memories from 2013. We saw some great plays, a glimpse into the future, Kawasaki and a 11 game winning streak that made us feel, for a little while that we were contenders. If 2014 doesn't build on the positives and bring us to 90 wins or the post season ten I will truly be upset. I give them one more off season until I really start to rip them. But for now, the book on 2013 is closed.

SoberJaysFan

I hate JP.

Sorry, I had to. :D

OK, hate is too strong. I dislike him very much.

Seriously though, this season could have been the worst in franchise history (because of the expectations and hope that started the year) but there was one player who was able to keep me happy and sane and keep me from throwing a weight through my television. I don't even have to say his name, but I hope he's back next year. In fact, if he's not back I will start hating Anthopolopolopoulos.

There are 2 things AA needs to do to stay in my good books: Get rid of JP and bring back the legend. If he only does one of those things, he's a marked man.

BobbyD_29

As you all know by now, I hate the Jays.

They made a bunch of big moves last winter, they got some very good players...but what they also got were a bunch of players who have never won a damn thing before. I don't think you can underestimate how important knowing how to win means in pro sports. This season might end up being good for the Jays, but I do believe they need to add some winners on this team.

Another thing that struck me this season is how bad they were at playing the game. Bad baserunning, throwing to the wrong base, not advancing the runners. To me, this falls squarely on the manager and coaches and needs to be improved.

Will they make the post-season next year? Tough to say....but they have to be A LOT better, all around.

By the way...I didn't pick them to make the post-season this year either.

StroShow

V.I.P.
BobbyD_29 said:

They made a bunch of big moves last winter, they got some very good players...but what they also got were a bunch of players who have never won a damn thing before. I don't think you can underestimate how important knowing how to win means in pro sports. This season might end up being good for the Jays, but I do believe they need to add some winners on this team.

Another thing that struck me this season is how bad they were at playing the game. Bad baserunning, throwing to the wrong base, not advancing the runners. To me, this falls squarely on the manager and coaches and needs to be improved.

Will they make the post-season next year? Tough to say....but they have to be A LOT better, all around.

Funny thing is 3/4 of the Blue Jays fan base on twitter defended John Gibbons coaching this year as he hardly as a hand on what goes on the field, and how he managed the bullpen so well. I completely disagree as some of his decision early on costs the team some games. I'm ready to give him another year, but if those mistakes re-appear..he needs to go.

BobbyD_29

Dickey's Flow said:
BobbyD_29 said:

Funny thing is 3/4 of the Blue Jays fan base on twitter defended John Gibbons coaching this year as he hardly as a hand on what goes on the field, and how he managed the bullpen so well. I completely disagree as some of his decision early on costs the team some games. I'm ready to give him another year, but if those mistakes re-appear..he needs to go.
Still one of the worst fundamental teams I have ever seen!