Your favourite part of Christmas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Impact, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

If you celebrate Christmas, what is the favourite part of it for you? The decorations, the food, giving or receiving gifts?

This probably sounds really cheesy, but for me it's watching the reactions when my younger cousins open their presents, especially with gifts they really like, because their faces light up. It's even funny when they get gifts they don't like, because they are too young to hide they dislike it.

Also the food. I love Christmas food, and there is always enough left over for a couple days after.

2. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

The best part is having a paid day off work. That and Sheetz has free coffee on Christmas.

3. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

My favorite part of Christmas is the food and spending the day with the family.

4. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

For me its watching the kids opening gifts, the little wrecking ball is now the perfect age to really enjoy it.
    I love watching them getting all excited on xmas eve, and waking me and their mum up at some unholy hour by rampaging around the bedroom with the little gifts they all get in the stockings.

The food I dont love so much anymore as I am the cooking it all.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

My favorite part about Christmas is being with the family and seeing all my relatives and just all of the little traditions that we have.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

The food and time off from work.

I only get a few days off from work a year, Christmas Break is one of the few. Its always feels like a good way to end the year, work all year long.... then get a week off to sort of cool down and prepare for the next year.

And then theres the food.... the only day that has better food is Thanksgiving, but in my family... we usually cook the same stuff sans the stuffing. Unfortunately the stuffing is one of my favorite parts :hah: But still, the Food is a very important part of why I love christmas.

7. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Definitely the best thing about Christmas would be the fact that the family are so much closer during the festive season.

My cousins may be coming down this year so it could be a real get together.

I also like the mood everyone gets into at the office, everyone is so much more chilled and relaxed.

8. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

We have a venison feast :)

And what ever else we killed that year. This year we'll be eating store bought turkey, and not a wild one :(

9. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Mostly just the feeling.

Like the tree, the decorations, the lights, the fire, the presents UNDER the tree, hot chocolate, all of it just wrapped into one.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

For me it's the gathering with the family and having a nice dinner. I also like the paid day off as well, but mostly spending time with the family telling each other stories and such.

But this year will be extra special since it's going to be the first Christmas dinner at my new house.