• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Your Favourite Movie Monsters

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I had the idea for this thread and then saw that Ginock has made one about Horror film characters. I hope he doesn't feel like I'm stepping on his toes but his seems to be more about serial killers than monsters so it shouldn't cross over too much.

One of my favourites has to be Godzilla.

I've always loved him since I was a kid. I think it was because I liked the old cartoon about him and had a 6 ft inflatable Godzilla which at the time seemed massive. It's only this year that I actually got around to watching his film debut and I loved it. Sure it was dated but it's good to see the old dino still packs a punch.

Next on my list is The Face Hugger

Alien is such a creepy film and the primary antagonist is certainly worthy of a slot here but it's the Face Hugger that I find most disturbing in the film. The whole idea of being raped in the face by a massive spider is one thing but the fact that it's offspring will grow inside you until it rips free just adds to the fear.

Finally, The Tentacled aliens from Monsters (2010)

Annoyingly I couldn't find a proper picture of the creatures. The film isn't amazing but I really like the design of the creatures and the way they behaved in the film.

Ok I think that's enough to get the ball rolling. There's plenty of big beasties out there so show me your demons.

Last edited:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Not a problem at all Altanzitarron it is a good topic :)

I would also agree with the Facehugger, to this day that thing freaks me out and I still don't like it but onto some of mine:

Y'know I felt sorry for The Blob, it landed on our earth with no concept of where it was or what it was doing and what do we do? We shoot it into space, so harsh...

The bugs from Starship Troopers were just nasty and horrible, they were just so nasty and so horrible to look at and when they show the brain... it still makes me squeamish...

This was a toss up between The Host and Eugene Tooms but I decided Tooms was not really a monster and whilst the background of the monster in "The Host" is never really known I would say it is a monster.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Godzilla, easily.

He was my first real big movie monster that I grew attached to. PLUS, he is a totally badass lizard! Who can beat that?

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Good list man, I saw a plastic bag rolling up the street the other day and it totally reminded me of the blob, it moved in exactly the same way :lol:

The starship Trooper bugs were awesome too.

I've always found under water things to be quite unnerving so with that in mind:

Jaws

I find Sharks scary at the best of times so a massive one with an unnatural taste for human flesh is all the more terrifying.

Pennywise (It)

I know this is technically a television movie but I'm going to allow it. There's a lot of creepy stuff in this mini series but none of It's incarnations are as frightening as Pennywise The Dancing Clown. Tim Curry play's him very well and the first scene that you see him show his demonic clown face is very, very scary.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'd have to go with Godzilla and King Kong. I loved those old movies. I also loved when they fought each other. And I have to throw in Rodan.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Do Decepticons count as monsters?

BrinkOfExistence

Registered Member
Xenomorph from Alien. They just look amazing. however these are so terrifying to me that if i were to encounter one in real life i'd kill myself rather than try running from it just to save myself from a horrible death.

Clover from Cloverfield. I love giant monsters, the thing i like about this one is it's not just an overgrown dinosaur or gorilla or insect, it's an actual monster.

Tripod from War of the Worlds. Not Sure if this counts as a monster but still one of my favourites. I love bass noise that they make always gives me goosebumbs.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Do Decepticons count as monsters?
Um, my instinct would be no since I've never classed Robots as monsters personally. For me Monsters have to feel organic, with that said transformers are living robots so it's kind of a paradox.

This picture doesn't seem to discriminate :lol:

Great list Brink, I knew it wouldn't be long until someone brought up Clover.

Here's another one from me:

Gremlins!

What's not to love? Cute and cuddly at first, green and mischievous the next.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The spider creatures from The Mist were pretty awesome to me. Parasitic AND acidic? That's just fucked up.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not sure if this one counts or anything, but I've always enjoyed The Mummy in the Mummy movie series. I thought he was well done, and he was pretty epic in my opinion.

King Kong would be pretty high on my list since he's been around for so long, and he's well known.