• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question Your Favourite Lollies/Candies/Sweets?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I wasn't really sure what to call this thread, since this word changes everywhere. But I want to know what everyone's favourite lollies are. And by lollies I mean the Australian definition which is candy but not chocolate. I'm not sure, but I think in America the word candy is used to describe both chocolate and lollies, and in the UK they say sweets (probably wrong). Either way what are your favourite non-chocolate sweet treats.

Mine are:

Sherbet Lemons

Raspberry Drops

Lolly Pineapples

Lolly Milk Bottles

Sherbies

Killer Pythons

Taliesin

Registered Member
Goddammit. I shouldn't have opened this thread! Now I want some of these...

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I love jersey caramels! They are so sweet that my teeth hurt if I have too many, but I love them in tiny amounts!

Taliesin

Registered Member
I can never stop when I have these. That's why we never have them in the house. I would end up as a giant lard ball otherwise. I have no self control whatsoever. Seriously. :p

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well since I can't chose chocolate I'll have to go with my second favorite which would be Divinity with pecan pieces in it.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Always has been skittles for me.

Whenever I was in England I really liked wine gums.

Danno

Registered Member
I'm not a huge fan of candy but at work we have an infinite amount of Haribo's like gummy bears, fried egg sweets, cola bottles etc so I am always eating them.

My favourite non-chocolate thing however has to be Turkish Delight, i could eat buckets full.

I dunno, candy as a whole doesn't feel great on my teeth so I've never really liked a lot of it.

Elanor

Registered Member
I am quite partial to a sherbet lemon, they remind of being a kid. They were a treat whenever we had been good, they used to come in white paper bags, part of the fun was removing the paper, though sometimes I couldn't be bothered so ate them paper and all :lol:

There are also boiled sweets that are blackcurrant and licorice flavour, they are really nice. I have been meaning to find them, as not had any in years.

Clare

Registered Member
Always has been skittles for me.

Whenever I was in England I really liked wine gums.
Same here. :nod: And I also liked fruit gums too.

I don't eat many sweets anymore but I'll have skittles occasionally still. But basically I like any gummy sweets, I'd always choose them over hard boiled sweets which I don't really enjoy.