Your favourite book?

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Vidic15, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Mine is Virus by Sarah Langan, I read the whole book when I was in a hospital for a week couple of months ago, I really enjoyed it. Might give it a proper read soon as when I was reading it I was under influence of drugs! ;)

After Lois Larkin's boyfriend Ronnie dumps her for her best friend, she takes her third grade class on a field trip to Bedford. The children discover something buried in the woods, and a sickness soon spreads.

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I'm sorry but I couldn't pick just one :shake:

Lord of the Rings
    Watership Down
    Darren Shan books (I use to LOVE them when I was younger and I just can't let go :lol:)
    The Handmaid's Tale
    Brave New World
    To Kill a Mockingbird
    The Man from St.Petersburg

Those are all the favourites I can think of, I'm sure there is a few more. and a lot more that I love. I've been lucky with books, havn't read all that many that I didn't like.

Edit: Ronnie O'Sullivan's autobiography as well of course!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
    Jeanie and AeonFlux like this.
  3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Probably The Life and Times of Babe Ruth by Leigh Montville, it's a book about his life, and people that were around him the most. Its a great book, it has loads of information about The Great Bambino. I'm sure a lot of people here wouldn't enjoy it, but I sure love it.

4. MissyGris

MissyGris Registered Member

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, I read this book years ago, and it is still my favorite. New Moon from the Twilight series comes close.

5. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

My favorite book is Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. One of the best SciFi comedy books of all time.

6. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

It's hard to choose, but if I had to, I would go with Watership Down by Richard Adams. The Stand, by Stephen King, is a close contender as well, but Watership Down is a book I've loved all of my life and The Stand has only become a favorite in recent years.

RATTIE and Jeanie like this.
  7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Practical Books:
    Creating a Charmed Life by Victoria Moran
    Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz

Fiction books:
    Harry Potter series (jkrowling)
    Foundation Series (asimov)

8. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut

The Stand by Stephen King

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

I've only read Mockingbird twice, compared to at least a half dozen times for the other two, but I believe it will become one of those that I read every three years or so

AeonFlux likes this.
  9. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

• It might be 'Silence of the Lambs' because I remember being amazed when one of the prisoners said "I can smmmmmelllll youuurrrrrr cuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnt," I read it in a Texan accent, then when I saw the film, that exactly how he said it, but I guess that's not a real reason to have a favourite.
    • I think my real favourite would be "Good Night Mr Tom." Set in war-time England, a Young boy is an 'evacuee,' one of many Children sent from the city to live in the country with strangers for safety. The book was very well written, and highly captivating, one could almost even smell the smells in the story. The book is also of sentimental value. In Junior School, you start at 'Primary 1' through to 'Primary 7' [high School is '1st year' through to '6th year'], I made it all the way to Primary 7 in that 150 year old School, then the School shut-down for good, so I was one of the very last pupils, and one of the very last to have made it all the way through. The book was a leaving present.

10. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I cant really choose between The Call of the Wild or White fang as my favourite book.
    A close second and third would be Dracula and Frankenstien.