• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your favourite annual holiday

Bliss

Sally Twit
Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Birthday, etc..
Which is your favourite day/holiday that comes around every year?

Mine is Christmas. I love having my whole family together and seeing their reactions as they open the presents I got them.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
New Year's Eve. I celebrate it with friends and family, partying and having fun. It has nothing to do with religion, nor is it boring. I simply feel happy for reaching another year!

Taliesin

Registered Member
Halloween for me, if only for the fact that I wish it was actually creepier than it usually is. How cool would it be if all the souls of the dead wandered around among the living for a day?

Yeah, I know. My life sucks hard.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Halloween for me, if only for the fact that I wish it was actually creepier than it usually is. How cool would it be if all the souls of the dead wandered around among the living for a day?

Yeah, I know. My life sucks hard.
Your life couldn't even possibly suck cause mine doesn't... Halloween FTW! :D It's the most creative holiday anybody ever dreamed up! And I spend a ton of time looking for ghosts and carving pumpkins. I like the costumes and stories too. The most awesome threads are about Halloween and if nobody starts one here, I will. :p I mean, anyone can paint eggs or buy gifts and decorate a tree ("It needs to look this way and that way blah blah...") but Halloween's total imagineering!

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I've always been partial to Thanksgiving. I usually got 2 days off work for it, and got to spend time with the family.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Your life couldn't even possibly suck cause mine doesn't... Halloween FTW! :D It's the most creative holiday anybody ever dreamed up! And I spend a ton of time looking for ghosts and carving pumpkins. I like the costumes and stories too. The most awesome threads are about Halloween and if nobody starts one here, I will. :p I mean, anyone can paint eggs or buy gifts and decorate a tree ("It needs to look this way and that way blah blah...") but Halloween's total imagineering!
Agreed. And I've always been a bit of a sucker for the macabre, strange and slightly unsettling... all with a dash of whimsy, if you can believe it.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
New Year's Eve and Australian Day for the obvious reason. Hit the city and get smashed.

lilmisshissyfit

Registered Member
Has to be new years, the end of one year, beginning of another and wondering and hoping for all that a new year may bring.
Though i'd love to go to america or canada for halloween, over here we are very tame with how it's celebrated, we don't go all out like you seem to do in other countries.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I actually prefer bank holidays (I am not sure how it works in the US but in the UK we get the occasional Monday off as an extension of the weekend) I usually book the Friday off as a holiday for a four day weekend, I like it because there is no pressure to do anything if you don't want to but you also get out of work for a few days.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Christmas Eve.

I hate new years.

Christmas eve holds all the anticipation and happiness of the christmas season.

I love it :)