• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your Favorite moment in sports

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sports has brought us some great moments over the years. Which one is your favorite? And, why?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Not being the biggest sport fan I do not have many but here are some I do have.

These are non sport as it were:

The Rock vs HHH - Backlash 2000

For me and for a few people Backlash 2000 is one of their top WWF/E PPV's and for me this is so, the match was built up with so much passion especially with the combination of Vince, Shane and the McMahon Helmsley regime, I still get chills up my spine when Austin appears and JR is shouting "AUSTIN! AUSTIN! AUSTIN!".

Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit - Royal Rumble 2001

As good as TLC was and as much as people talk about the Brett Hart Ladder Match for me this was the greatest ladder match I have ever seen, it had everything, chain wrestling, high spots, chair shots and some great technical wrestling, I will always remember and love it despite what happened to Benoit in the later years.

And a proper sport:

San Marino Grand Prix 1994

For me this Race will always be one of the saddest but one of the greatest. On this day we lot Ayrton Senna from the world of Formula 1. It was a day that the world changed in the sport, it heightened the need for safety to be improved but it was also the day we remembered the sports men are not indestructible.

Konshentz

Konshentz
A few moments immediately popped into my head...

NHL:

Joe Thornton to Patrick Marleau Game Winning Goal vs Red Wings 2010 Playoffs - HD - YouTube

I was dreading this matchup. I figured the Sharks were doomed. This was my favorite moment of one of my favorite playoff series. Plus, Randy Hahn makes everything more exciting, well, at least if you're a Sharks' fan. Haha.

San Jose Sharks Comeback vs. L.A. Kings Game 3 4/19/2011 - YouTube

The greatest comeback I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

NFL:

Music City Miracle-Actual TV Broadcast - YouTube

One of the reasons I became a Titans fan. That, McNair, George & Kearse. Haha.

Marshawn Lynch Beast Mode 67 yard TD against Saints - YouTube

Great run. Great upset. Just great to see the Saints lose. Haha.

NBA:

NBA Indiana Pacers vs Detroit Pistons Fight at the Palace - YouTube

The only moment of the NBA I can really remember enjoying.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Albert Pujols' mammoth home run off Brad Lidge in Game 5 of the 2005 NLCS

Adam Wainwright striking out Brandon Inge to win the 2006 World Series

Albert Pujols' three homer game in Dallas, Texas to beat the Rangers

Game 6 of the 2011 World Series...or more specifically, David Freese's heroics

The Cardinals ridiculous comeback in the 9th inning in 5 game of the 2012 NLDS vs Washington

The Blues come back from 5-0 in the third period to beat the Toronto Maple Leafs 6-5 in overtime

Most of mine are Cardinals baseball related obviously haha