• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your favorite moment in gaming

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
What's your favorite moment in gaming ever?

Mine is when I finally beat the Control Center in GoldenEye on the n64 on 00 Agent difficulty. It was and still is what I consider to be the hardest level in gaming history. It was so insane and I don't even remember how many tries it took me.

The feeling right after beating that was just awesome. There were a few "100 Gold Coin" stars on Mario 64 that also made me feel really good after getting them. I died too many times on like 98 or 99 or even on 100 but before getting the star. Man, the N64 days. :)

RarePD

Registered Member
That's funny you mention that that level I will always remember as well. Me and my friend Joe and Donnie we would pass the controller at certain spots in the game trying to get the time cheat for that level. My friend Donnie would run out of the elevator, kill the guards, open the door and pass it to me. I would protect Natalya's ass while she hacked into the GoldenEye satalite. Then finally my friend Joe would perform the extraction. Now the reason this sticks in my memory is not only was the level immersive like none other for its time but also the fact that it took us 11-15 tries to beat it in time to get the code, I then turned the N64 off in a premature celebration before the game saved the code to its battery! :lol: We had to play it all over again but that second time right then and there we got the time activated cheat on time. Hahaha good times. Vegas '97!

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
My best gaming moment is definitely when I beat Zelda II: Adventure of Link for the first time. I got it for my birthday when I was 7 or 8 and finally beat it about 8 years later. I've beaten it many times since then, and can do it really easily now.

Delinquent

Registered Member
Alot of my moments are beating some of the super bosses in the ff games. My top moment was first seeing the intro to Soul Reaver when it was first released (then playing all of it).

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm a huge GoldenEye fan, but, another moment that I remember is when I first played the game at my cousins house. They set me up in the Facility on Agent and very quickly I realized I must buy this game. I think I bought it the very day I got back home (They lived out of town).

I haven't played many Final Fantasy games but I did enjoy FFX quite a bit. Totally loved the overall feel of the game and how you could really feel like you were on the journey yourself. Just sitting around in some places trying to figure out what to do was super fun. I like games that aren't all about speed and action all the time.

RarePD

Registered Member
You know, I never really got involved in the Zelda games until I played Link's Awakening on the original Game Boy, that game rules.

My favorite NES-Zelda type RPG was Startropics.

bobbus74

Registered Member
Mine is when I completed Shinobi Arcade machine on 1 credit. It was 19 years ago. A proud day.

IncaWarrior08

Ok Man do I have a story and even though this is a game any american will love this one.

So there I am in an online game of RoN(Rise of Nations) and I am allied with a guy from Florida. Up until this point the game has been all downhill and now I have been forced off of my starting territory and have setup a few cities on my only ally lefts land and then I start building troops for the coming invasion. Now I will set the scene for you, we are on a pennusila and are now surround by enemies so we must now cover our entire continent from an invasion by four different enemies. So before the attack begins I ask the guy if he is from America and find out he lives in Florida and then we both agree that no matter what we will fight until the very last man is killed. So now begins the great conversation....

Me: Alright, here comes this guy on the left. Ok nevermind he has turned around.
Guy:Alright I think they are getting ready to attack.
Me:Well let's show these guys what a couple of Americans can do. We don't surrender!
Guy: Hell yeah!
Me: Ok here we go!

As the battle proceed we end up completely destroying the enemy and winning the battle!

Well that is my greatest moment in gaming and I know it just a game, but even for a game it showed the american spirit. No matter how corny it sounds it was awesome!

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
100%, maxed every character, and actually wore the game disk out.

Dynasty Warriors 5, for the PS2.