Your favorite "dangerous" animal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Merc, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

What are some of your favorite animals that are considered dangerous? I'm not talking something to have as a pet, but just an animal you find fascinating or cool.

Sydney Funnel-Web Spider (creepy picture warning):

[​IMG]

^ One of the most dangerous and vicious animals in the world. They can bite several times in a few seconds and their venom is highly dangerous, some of the most lethal in the world.

Another favorite of mine is the Blue-Ringed Octopus.

[​IMG]

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

What the... Blue-ringed octopus? That's the first time I've seen that animal. :eek:

Piranhas, for me. As a child I thought they were the coolest fish that attack super fast.

[​IMG]

Something about the eyes that catch my attention.

Another would be this spider crab:
    (Warning if you don't want to look at a crab that looks like a giant spider)
    [​IMG]
    I just learned about these recently and they seem really fascinating. So much sea life that I never knew existed.

Japanese spider crab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oops, the first was deadly, while the second was just fascinating - not really deadly... >.<;

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  3. potterychic

potterychic Registered Member

Are those huge fangs on the Sydney Funnel-Web Spider. WOW!!! And the Spider Crab looks awesome. These may not seem as dangerous but I hav always liked Tigers and Wolves. I dot know how to put pictures in yet but just something about them got my attention.

4. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I have to say Anacondas and Reticulated Pythons just for their sheer power.

5. matt_man

matt_man New Member

So it turns out we've discoverd less then 1% of the animals that live in the water? Just imagine what can be living down there in the obyss (or how ever you spell it, sorry ). They say that the largest whale in history may still be alive down there( the size of a jumbo jet ) ... it boggles the mind to even think about what else is could be under the water, and we will never find of a majority of it. lol sorry just had to throw that out there.

6. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd say maybe wolves, or some kind of dangerous eagle/bird, etc. Snakes are good, too. I like snakes.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

White tigers. I wish I could get close to one and stroke them but I know it'll never happen. I find them incredibly beautiful to look at.

8. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I love them too, though probably plain old tigers more. Their paws are my favourite part, so big and dumpy.

Also - Cobalt blue tarantulas. They're apparently very agressive and will bite you, but shy at the same time.
    [​IMG]

9. teron

teron Registered Member

Hmm, must be a female-only species :lol:

I'm gonna go with Manatee's. Very dangerous, not due to their physical prowess, but their mental influence. Explanation? - The Manatee is the embodiment of everything holy I'd like to one day be: Fat, cute and lazy.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

For me it's definitely a shark, I always thought they were facinating, especially to look at. It's incredible the damage they can do someone or something in so little time.