• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your Favorite Basketball Moment?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I came across this video on YouTube and I think this game was really my favorite NBA game ever so far.

This is Michael Jordan's last shot as a Chicago Bull:

YouTube - Michael Jordan's Final Shot 98

And for those of you who want to watch the last moments as they were on NBC:

YouTube - Michael Jordan 45pts vs Utah Jazz 1998 NBA Final

Man. 87 to 86. Utah really came SO close to taking that. If they had it would have put such a damper on the night. Jordan really went out on top with a great win. (Wizards don't count lol)

Man I REALLY miss NBA like this. I hope to see eras like this again very soon.

Gwiz

Registered Member
I remember watching those games when I was just a kid. He was the greatest. It's really too bad that he can't manage a team.

dmny500

Registered Member
That last game was a really great game but my favorite moment was in the playoffs in I believe 2001 or 2002 when the Celtics were down about 30 points against the Nets. Then the Celtics make a very exciting comeback to win the game, that was amazing to watch. They have the entire 4th quarter on youtube but I don't have a link. Just search Celtics comeback nets and I'm sure you'll find it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My best basketball moment is when Michael Jordan and the Bulls were playing the Utah in game four of the 1997 NBA Finals. Jordan was playing with 103 degree fever, and he finished the game with 38 points. His performance was simply amazing. He just carried this team and he could barely stand by himself when their was timeouts, and at times he went in the locker room to puke. I will always remember at one point when Jordan was walking off the court, but Pippen had to hold him or he was going to fall down. That image his priceless. A lot of people will say that his game winning shot against the Jazz in 1998 is his best showing against the Jazz, but this moment is far better.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
That's definitely my favorite NBA game ever. It was actually game 5, the series was tied 2-2, so it was a game neither team could afford to lose. Jordan was so sick he could hardly stand up on his own, yet he still managed to carry the team on his back. In my opinion, that was the best performance in NBA history.

MJ, are you from Chicago?

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
MJ totally got away with a push there :p Pretty epic shot though. Nice and clean

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
MJ totally got away with a push there :p Pretty epic shot though. Nice and clean
I think it was the right no-call. He did put his hand on Byron Russell, but never really extended his arm. Jordan's step-back was so quick that Russell never had a chance. He fell backwards because of his momentum, not because of the "push".

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
yeah. If the refs called that, then they'd be known as the refs who ruined MJ's last shot. That wouldn't be good.

But being MJ had everything to do with the no-call. I bet some players would get the call nowadays because flops are so common and well done.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I totally agree, yes he did push Russell out of the way, but either way Russell couldn't block that shot. If the refferees would of called an offensive foul on this play, it would of been pretty stupid. Also when he pushed him, he barely touched him, he was just going full speed that he couldn't really stop either way.