• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your Favorite 5: RPGs

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The second in this series is rather simple. Of all the RPGs ever made, which are your favorite 5?

5) Mass Effect 1 - The original ME introduced the characters that I grew to care about most in my favorite franchise of all time, and it did so in the best way possible.
4) Star Wars: KOTOR 1 - The first really stellar RPG I ever enjoyed. Also a good source of fan service, which I like. XD
3) Skyrim - Endless. I still go back and have more stuff to do in it. That's the best part.
2) Final Fantasy X - My favorite game of the FF series, and the only one I will likely go back to. I beat it 3 times in one year when it first came out.
1) Mass Effect 2 - The pinnacle of action-RPG, with fantastic storytelling, wonderful characters, and action to last days. An absolute work of art.

Honorable Mentions: Mother 2, Chrono Trigger, Deus Ex

Alta

Registered Member
Mine are not dissimilar to yours.

5. Mass Effect
4. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3. Mass Effect 3(minus the ending)
2. Mass Effect 2
1. Star Wars: KoToR.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Mass Effect 3 was a clear #7 on my list, including the ending. After playing through it a third time, I can understand where some the disappointments are coming from and I while the action was tremendous, it has nothing on ME1 or ME2.

Konshentz

Konshentz
5.) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

I enjoy the Star Wars universe, but I've never been a huge fan. My uncle recommended this game to me and after some hesitation, I gave it a shot. I'm glad I did. I sunk a good 15-20 hours and enjoyed every minute of it. I sold my Xbox before i could beat it though.

4.) Final Fantasy VII

The only FF game I've ever played for more than a few hours. This was one of my best friend's favorite games back in the day. I started playing it at his house & got hooked. Lots of time was spent playing this game.

3.) Fallout

This is one of the few games I played during my brief PC career. I absolutely loved it.

2.) Fallout 2

Same as above... except this one is better.

1.) Fallout 3

This easily gets my #1 spot. Love, love, loved this game. I can never get enough of running into a group of Mutants or Deathclaws... and screaming as I did my best to run away. Haha.

Honorable mentions go to: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Fable, Fallout: New Vegas.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Fun fact: I haven't even played Fallout 3 yet. I have the Game of the Year edition. I should get to playing that. Going through Amalur again right now. So my personal jury on that game is still out. I have, however, played Fallout 1 and 2, and those are probably #11 and #12 on my list, respectively.

Konshentz

Konshentz
This is one of my least favorite genres, so I definitely don't have a ton of games to choose from. Haha.

Ziggy

Sup?
I could have made this list all Final Fantasy games because I love that series so much, I even enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII although I still need to finish it.

I'm only going to pick one game per series though.

5) Mass Effect 2: I was going to put Mass Effect 3 in because of two pivotal moments in the story that I still think about however, and I know that it's been repeated over a million times, that ending really fizzled out and made me put the game away. Mass Effect 2 on the other hand had such an intense and satsifying ending that as soon as I finished I rolled a new character.

4) Chrono Trigger: Years and years go by and this game is still fun to play. No matter what happens I can't seem to shake my love for this game. I know everything there is to know and yet I am always excited for another Chrono Trigger playthrough.

3) Secret of Mana: For one reason and one reason only. Co-Op. Hooking up a multi-tap to my SNES and having myself and two friends go hack and slashing through this awesome world has been unrivalled.

2) Final Fantasy IX: It's really difficult to choose one Final Fantasy game out of all of them and it was a toss up between Final Fantasy II and Final Fantasy XII but then when I really thought about it the game that game me the best overall adventure was IX. I love these characters and this world, the villain was super campy but the visuals and the battle gameplay were so great that I chose this one.

1) Dragon Age: Origins: In my opinions Dragon Age: Origins was a much better medieval rpg than any of the Elder Scrolls. This was the first game I played where I genuinely felt as though I was apart of the story and that my decisions came down to more than Good Choice/Bad Choice. But also the conversational options involved helped me actually give my guy a sense of character.

Not the best RPGs of all time list but these are my favourite ones to play. Games that I can pick up any time and have fun playing.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Dragon Age: Origins? Wow. I loved that game, but for some reason it slipped my mind... lol. It would have probably been #6 though.

I think my opinion of Dragon Age: Origins slipped a bit when I played the much less exciting and not as good Dragon Age 2.

Ziggy

Sup?
Dragon Age 2 was a major let down because it could have been great. The Qunari storyline was really awesome.

Dragon Age: Origins was so great and had all the things that I love in an RPG which is why it is my most favourite.