• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your Experiences with Famous People?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you know anybody famous? Have you ever had any conversations with famous people?

I know a few fairly famous people but I doubt anybody would recognize their names. One guy I know is an actor who has had small extra roles in some TV shows. He's also starred in off Broadway plays in LA.

I've also met and had decent length conversations with some other famous people, the most famous being Patricia Heaton. She was starring in the show "Everybody Loves Raymond" at the time and we talked about that for a while. I ran into her out of the blue while she was shooting a commercial at a grocery store in Santa Monica California. I had been on TV earlier that day and she recognized me and took a break from her commercial shoot to ask me to talk. Usually it's the other way around so I was surprised. It was a pretty cool experience and we talked for at least 15 minutes.

Bliss

Sally Twit
The only people here that will know two of these people will be those from the UK. Terry Nutkin came to my school once. I can't even remember what he came to talk about but it involved animals lol.
I also met Germaine Greer when I was in Scotland. She was staying in the same hotel as me so I said hi and had my photo taken with her.

Oh and I saw that guy from Blue in Edinburgh airport once *Googles him* Simon Webbe. He was wearing sunglasses and we were next to each other in the queue. He just gave me a little smile.

Another time I was in Edinburgh airport I saw Darren Hayes from that group Savage Garden. He thought I was stealing a magazine! I went in to the duty free and the queue was so huge that I had to go outside of the shop to join the back of it. He said "I hope you're not stealing that!" and then I explained and he just laughed.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Alan Autry (Alan Autry) was the Mayor of Fresno for quite a while. I've had the opportunity to meet him on a few occasions. Really nice guy.

Other than that I've met and talked with Local Radio Show Hosts... I've met a few hockey announcers and way more Pro players than I can count. Its funny to break that feeling of them being special... because the extreme majority of them dont want to be perceived that way.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
None, really. My closest claim to fame (or, you know) is that a lot of the Eastenders cast go to my local KFC, hahaha. My Grandma went to Vera Duckworth's (I can't be bothered to look up the actresses name) wedding. Errr, that is really about it.

Oh, I met a famous football player (Sole Campbell) twice. Once at my brother's club, and once at a swimming pool.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've never had any extended conversations with famous people. I did meet Muhammad Ali on the street in San Fransisco about 10 years ago. Just shook his hand and took a picture.

Former Chicago Blackhawk Steve Smith used to live right next door to my best friend, so I met him and got his autograph. Even went inside his house once when my friend was babysitting their kids. Jeremy Roenick and Chris Chelios and some of the other Blackhawks were over there sometimes, but I never got to meet any of them.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I have met a few famous people, Benny Hill used to live and work in the town I was raised so met him about town a lot, he was a very polite man and would always say hello when you saw him doing his shopping in Tesco's.

I met and played a short game of football with Tommy Steel in Richmond park in the early 80's I think I was about ten and did not know who he was till my eldest brother told me.

The most famous person I ever had the pleasure of meeting was Oliver Reed, I was drinking in the pub next to the tv studios and he came in for drink and stayed a few hours, I actually met him a couple of times always in a pub where he was partaking in his favourite past time, he really was a great man to talk too.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
The only famous person I've met is F1 racer Jackie Stewart. He was doing some autograph signings when I was at the British Grand Prix last year and I just had a brief convo with him, the pleasantries, nothing exciting and I got his autograph and a picture taken with him and my mum. That's about the only famous person I've ever met or spoken to.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Former Chicago Blackhawk Steve Smith used to live right next door to my best friend, so I met him and got his autograph. Even went inside his house once when my friend was babysitting their kids. Jeremy Roenick and Chris Chelios and some of the other Blackhawks were over there sometimes, but I never got to meet any of them.

This is what I think is cool about the Hockey Players. They are so down to earth is amazing. Here in Fresno, in fact right down the street from where I work there is a huge house owned by a Retired Oakland Raider who now does small Coaching Camps for Fresno State. The guy is stuck up, I've waved at times (I dont know who exactly he is) and he just sticks his nose up in the air at everyone.

But yet all the hockey players I've met are just insanely friendly. They invite you into their homes, offer you a beer, a signature, anything they can. I cant honestly say I've ever had a bad experience with Pro Hockey guys. I'm sure there are some out there....but it just seems like they are genuinely good guys.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've never met anyone famous, but my friend did see Bon Jovi at a Strip Club in my area one night, shook his hand I found that pretty cool.

Also Bex, even though you didn't know it at the time weren't you in the same elevator as the New York Yankees manager Joe Giradi last summer?

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Also Bex, even though you didn't know it at the time weren't you in the same elevator as the New York Yankees manager Joe Giradi last summer?
Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that. It's by far the most recent one as well, haha. Thanks for reminding me.