Your earliest internet memories?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
In Singapore mid 90's. We had Macs in the school computer lab. We had pen pals on the internet from some website, and we used to email each other back and forth.

I remember making some crappy website on geocities. At first I had no interest in the internet, then I began to learn the cooler things about the net...

Last edited:

Xilmwa

Registered Member
Oh that 56k dial-up modem.. man do I NOT miss those days. One month we had a bill of nearly 500 euro and my parents were like 'this has to stop or we'll go bankrupt!'. :urp:

All I did was play games for like 2 hours in the evening, fun times though :)
When I tried that, my ISP kept disconnecting me.
------
In Singapore mid 90's. We had Macs in the school computer lab. We had pen pals on the internet from some website, and we used to email each other back and forth.

I remember making some crappy website on geocities. At first I had no interest in the internet, then I began to learn the cooler things about the net...
Funny how the look of the Mac has drastically changed since then.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I remember going over to my friend's house in 6th or 7th grade and going on AOL. We mostly messed around in chat rooms.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
Hmmm.. wow that's thinking back 10 years.
We got the net on the day I had to leave for a week's camp, I was really disappointed. When I came back all my siblings knew how to surf with no problem.
I used it mainly for chat. I think it was called acme chat. There was another chat room I enjoyed going to. Fantasy role playing chat. It still exists nowadays yet it's kinda dead.

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF
My cousin was running windows 95 and he brought me over and showed me what the internet was like... Good times (dial up sucked though)

BigBob

Registered Member
Hmm. I was about 9 years old.

I was all about Yahoo! and their little groups that they had on there.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
My first real memory was AOL sending my parents an e-mail cause I said Hanson Sucks on a forum.. and I got in trouble for it.

Lame.

I remember being amazed at how when I download something, it appears from nowhere and is suddenly on my hard drive! Lol. It blew my mind.

browneyes106

Registered Member
I started using the Internet when I was 12 back in 1997. My dad set up our home computer with dial up service. After awhile I was able to understand computers and the Internet more. I think the first website I ever looked was a website for The Simpsons.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
alt.net usegroups. lol

that and AOL, and Web Crawler. I used to think the Internet sucked. I guess it did kinda suck back then.