• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your dream sports car? (Current)

dDave

V.I.P.
What is your dream sports car? Let’s limit this to things that are currently in production.

You could answer something exotic like a Pagani or Koenigsegg or something more standard like a Mustang. If they still make it today, it’s an acceptable answer. (Though, I’ll probably make a separate thread about exotic cars, specifically, soon)

My dream sports car? Gotta say the Corvette Stingray or the Porsche 911. Absolutely beautiful cars. Elegant, simple, perfect in their own ways.

I love corvettes but I may be tempted to go for the 911 simply because I don’t respect GM for political reasons.

What’s your dream sports car? (Currently produced)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Nissan GT-R really gets it done for me.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Manual transmission, bright red, with the license plate "CatchUp"

I don't care much for most options. As long as it has a nice stereo and three pedals I'm satisfied.

dDave

V.I.P.
Manual transmission, bright red, with the license plate "CatchUp"

I don't care much for most options. As long as it has a nice stereo and three pedals I'm satisfied.
Oh gosh. I hate so much having to explain to people why a real sports car is manual only. I know multiple people that have no issue driving automatic on something that should have only been shipped with manual. If you buy a nice convertible and it’s in automatic, I don’t respect your taste in cars or your purchasing decision. Learn to drive a stick or stay away from sports cars.

• Love
Reactions: Doc

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I’ll go for something attainable. As in, I am likely to get one of these at some point.

2012 Dodge Charger. Probably in black.

Can get one for around $15,000 five or take.

I rented one back in 2012 and it was amazing. Haven’t driven the newer ones so I’d be happy with the one I drove. 😁

Impaired

Registered Member
No pics? Come on folks, this is car talk.

2020-Shelby-GT500.jpg
US Muscle - Shelby GT 500 - always wanted a Shelby

2020-ford-gt.jpg
US Hypercar - Ford GT

Impaired

Registered Member
mclaren-p1-gtr.jpg
European Hypercar - The McLaren P1

I really love Porsches, the 911s are magical. Ferrari and Lamborghinis make me smile.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@Impaired, those pics look amazing. I hadn’t seen either of those models yet. Out of the two, I prefer the look of the Shelby, but my guess is the Ford GT costs 3-4x the money?