• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Your dream house

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
What kind of house would you love to live in?

I've always wanted a Craftsman style bungalow, with hard wood floors and built-in bookshelves and a huge porch

I love this house

If I had a porch like this, I'd practically live on it

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
A giant log cabin, overlooking the water on a chain of lakes. A beach with docking/boathouse with a deck on top. A pontoon boat, my jon boat, maybe a PWC. Field stone fireplaces in the living room, den, bar, and master bedroom. Big master bedroom with a walkthrough closet leading to a private bath with a jacuzzi tub and separate shower. A multiple car garage with in-law quarters above. Lots of storage areas. A modern kitchen with restaurant quality appliances. Oh I could go on! Modest, I know :lol: but if you're gonna dream, dream BIG!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I really love Nantucket style homes. Something similar to this...

Definitely has to have a big front porch. And a bonfire pit in the back yard.

I like this style on the interior, lots of white trim and hardwood floors, big windows.

This isn't exactly the kitchen I want, but something similar. I love white cabinetry, granite countertops, and tile backsplashes. Gotta have a counter area with bar stools. And professional appliances.

I kind of like these coffered ceilings...

I'd want a nice office with lots of built-in shelving.

In the basement I would have a pool table, a game table for poker or other games, and a bar. I would also want a media/theater room for watching sports and movies.

So yeah, that's the architect in me.

Another part of me just wants a rustic cabin in the wilderness.

Sassycrax

Registered Member
I am in love with the house featured on Modern Family. The one Jay and Gloria live in. Sorry if you have not seen the sitcom. I will try and find pictures of it. O and having a porch is non negotiable! :D

Dabs

Registered Member
I love Victorian houses, anything with the lavish gables and lots of bay window space.
A house somewhat like this, even with this particular wood art in front (which is why I have kept this photo, interesting wood).

Attachments

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Something like this would be pretty sweet.

It's right beside a beach which would be awesome for me at my current age. I love going to the Beach, you could spend your day there, or just look outside. Also it would be near a beach where you can Surf.

In this house I would love a big basement that has a big entertainment room with a bar and few televisions.

That would be pretty sweet.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I don't have any pictures to post of my dream house but I have all the details of it in my mind. I want a big house with a big backyard, large enough for a lot of animals. It would have to be a fairly modern house as I have a slight fear of old-fashioned houses, I seem to always be worried that they might be haunted.
Inside the house I want a lot of different rooms for my various collections. For example I would love to have one room full of bookshelves where I can keep my large book/dvd/magazine/video game/cd/comic collection all in one place. I would also love to have an indoor pet room for snakes, lizards, turtles, birds etc and all the other exotic pets I would love to have (remember this is a dream house). Aside from those two rooms and a large backyard I mainly want something nice and tidy and spacious, with a cool modern design and the latest technology TV's etc.

TX_Naturalist

Registered Member
I don't have any pics, but I like the idea of something modern but still cozy. I would start with lots of acreage as I like my space, I want a two story home in a somewhat urban/modern style - lots of steel, concrete, glass, stone and wood features. It absolutely HAS to have a center courtyard and lots of outdoor living spaces which would include fireplaces or firepits, garden rooms, porches, decks, outdoor kitchen, etc. I would love to have some sort of water feature - a pond or river would be ideal.

Inside, I would love to have a library room, large open living areas and a chef's kitchen. For me, I think it's pretty obvious that outdoor space is more important than indoor.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I'm not super bothered about the appearance of it. So long as it looks all right and has enough rooms for me to function/deal with.

Although, when or if I get my own house I would really like NOT to have any creaking floorboards at all, or stairs that squeak and grown when you go up or down them. I mean, creaking boards don't bother me that much. But I'd prefer the floor to be solid and noiseless if I can help it. ---