Your dream Home Run Derby

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I know we have done this in the past, but I believe we should do another one. It's always fun to discuss this type of stuff.

If you could choose two players that as hit over 500 home runs in their career to face each other in a home run derby who would those two players be? At which stadium would it be held at? Once again, you can choose any Major League Baseball stadium that you like.

For me it's Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle, arguably the two players that could hit the ball further than anyone else. It would definitely be held at Tigers Stadium, we all know that Mantle as hit some moonshots there, and I can imagine Ruth would destroy some home runs in Right Field. My second stadium option would be AT&T Park.

How about you guys?

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I'd love to see Ruth and Aaron slug it out in old Yankee Stadium with the closer right field wall.

That would be epic.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That would definitely be a sight to see.

Another interesting match-up that I would like to see is Babe Ruth vs Jimmy Foxx. Both were known as the best home run hitters during their era, they would definitely put on a spectacle for the fans.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mays vs Griffey either.