• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Your dream Home Run Derby

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you could choose two players that as hit over 500 home runs in their career to face each other in a home run derby who would those two players be? At which stadium would it be held at? Once again, you can choose any Major League Baseball stadium that you like.

For me it's Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle, arguably the two players that could hit the ball further than anyone else. It would definitely be held at Tigers Stadium, we all know that Mantle as hit some moonshots there, and I can imagine Ruth would destroy some home runs in Right Field. My second stadium option would be AT&T Park.

How about you guys?

Crypticshock

Registered Member
For me, for my memories, Frank Thomas and Carlos Delgado. San Francisco Giants ballpark is the one with the ocean? If it is, I pick that park. (I pretty much only watch Jays games so I don't know other ball parks from memory)

Smartass64

Just 2 players?

1) Reggie Jackson - he was a piece of work, sure, but he could obliterate a baseball...
2) Harmon Killebrew - I never saw him play but I've seen where he hit that ball at the old Met (now part of the Mall of America)...wow...

Park: Tiger Stadium..

Despite the steroid thing, I'd love to see Barry Bonds vs. his god-father, Willie Mays. Stick them in Great American Ballpark where balls soar out like Tony the Tiger after a bowl of Frosted Flakes.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
JP Arencibia vs himself of course ;). But all kidding aside, I'd go with the two players bizzy picked. Babe Ruth is the greatest home run hitter of all time, and Mantle could destroy a ball like no other. Winner wins a texas mickey of rye. For the stadium, I'll go with Kauffman stadium just to be different. Beautiful ballpark that would have some nice splash balls.

MDougy7

Ken Griffey Jr vs Babe Ruth
Coors Field just because its a beautiful park and the ball flys off the bat there.

2 of my idols going head to head would be amazing to watch.

I can't even say who would win..... Cause I just dunno