Your Dream Computer?

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Well we all know that none of us have our dream computer. (at least I don't think that any of us do)

if you had infinite resources what would the specs of your computer be?

the only limitation in this is that the computer must be with todays technology. So obviously there are no space stations or something that does everything for you, this is all about computer specs no programs.

Here's my computer that i would make

Cooler master refrigeration case (the largest that they make)
http://www.trustedreviews.com/images/article/inline/2528-door.jpg

32GB of GDDR3 RAM

8 TB of hard drive space on SATA (that most any computer can support)

Tri V8 Penryn 3.00 GHz processor (a total of 73ghz)

High sensitivity laser mouse by dynex

Split curve keyboard by HP

Tri Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX 1GB video card

Triple Apple 30" Cinema display HD monitor

SONY Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Drive

The motherboard would have to support all of that

The power supply would also have to support all of that (There must be a power supply out there because somebody probably has this computer)

And I'd top it off with A Marantz and Speaker craft surround sound 64 bit hd audio system.

And of course this thing would have some serious surge protectors and fans and stuff like that.

this computer would run the latest version of windows.

Remember when you are posting what your computer would be you have to make sure to only include technology that you can actually buy none of this imaginative technology.

What would everyone else put into their computer?

Last edited:

Zachary

,,l,, //_- ,,l,,
right umm... i dont speak tech that much but basicaly something small, light, and has high speed internet that doesnt lagg.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
And its blindingly obvious you don't understand much about computers.

I'd go with just about everything you said, actually. I'd switch the triple 30" displays to something a little more modest, probably dual 24". I'd also add a second dvd burner and switch the processor out for four of the highest speed available for the Intel Quad-Core processors (for better support and eaiser to find motherboards).

Outlaw403

Registered Member
Ya i go with what the first guy said but with triple core processor so i can have all three main operating systems: Windows Vista, OS X leopard, and Linux.

Doc

V.I.P.
Do you have any clue what you're talking about? You can't run OSX easily without emulators and a lot of work, its designed for a completely different kind of hardware.

As for the other two, you can dual-boot Windows and Linux normally.

Triple core processor?

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Do you have any clue what you're talking about? You can't run OSX easily without emulators and a lot of work, its designed for a completely different kind of hardware.

As for the other two, you can dual-boot Windows and Linux normally.

Triple core processor?
Who said triple core processors? Well they said that they said that they would go with what the first guy said but I'd better explain since obviously some people don't understand what I was saying.

There is no such thing as a triple core processor, what I meant by that was having 3 processors that are 8 cores each (intel has finally made an 8 core processor that you can buy if you are absolutely insane and need an 8 core processor), the technology for that is rare but you can get it.

and yeah you definitely can't do OSX and windows together without a lot of work there is a reason why mac operating systems don't work on a computer built to run windows.
------
And its blindingly obvious you don't understand much about computers.

I'd go with just about everything you said, actually. I'd switch the triple 30" displays to something a little more modest, probably dual 24". I'd also add a second dvd burner and switch the processor out for four of the highest speed available for the Intel Quad-Core processors (for better support and eaiser to find motherboards).
That's true the motherboards for that are almost definitely pretty hard to find. I can't even imagine a motherboard that can support all of that that I listed but somebody has that computer. You know that they do because the technology allows for it.

And if I was going to switch out the processors for 4 of the highest speed quad core processors I'd go with AMD, just because I've always just liked them more, their stuff is a lot more durable and usually computers with AMD processors just seem to work better for me but that's just me.

Last edited:

Doc

V.I.P.
I've always felt AMD/Intel was mostly personal preference. If the motherboard was better then I'd go with AMD.

Outlaw was the one who brought up the non-existent triple core processor. Would it be practical to use octo-core processors yet?

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I've always felt AMD/Intel was mostly personal preference. If the motherboard was better then I'd go with AMD.

Outlaw was the one who brought up the non-existent triple core processor. Would it be practical to use octo-core processors yet?

yeah they have them actually and you can buy them. it's known as the intel XEON, unfortunately AMD has not been able to recreate what intel has done, luckily they are too expensive for anybody to even think about getting.

it's going to be a long time before I get an intel xeon processor. 8 cores is a lot of power, I can't even fathom having 3, 8 core processors..

on a computer as good as the one that I listed above I would need to top it off with a T4 internet connection.