Your dream boxing match?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's a lot of boxers that have never faced eachother before, what would be your dream boxing match if you had a chance to see two boxers in their prime face eachother?

Please explain your answer.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I can think of one that I would have loved to see.

First up Rocky Marciano vs Mike Tyson.

These two men were both feared in there time, Marciano for his never say quit attitude and amazing conditioning and Tyson for his pure explosive power.

On paper they were roughly the same height, I think Tyson may have been slightly taller, Marciano would have been giving away a lot in weight though fighting at his top weight he only went 180 pounds, Tyson has fought weighing in up to 210 i think.

I don't think this would be a long fight, but it certainly would be one to watch, Tyson would start the way he started all his fights, fast.
Coming in looking to overwhelm his opponent, his fast hard shots,most likely hooking to the body and head combo's.

In the speed stakes Tyson was very fast for a heavyweight, constantly moving his head as he come in, combining this with his hand speed and power made him hard to judge in the ring.

Marciano was a powerhouse in his right, for his size his punching power was extremely high,he would come straight at you throwing hooks and crosses to the body and head, he was also known to pound his opponents on the shoulders and forearms when they went into a defensive posture, sometimes to the point where they literally could not hold there guard up.

I also don't think that Tyson would have been able to intimidate Marciano like he did other opponents before the fight.
Tyson would be at a slight disadvantage of being the taller man as well,this could throw off his game plan as he would be punching down.

Marciano was extremely dangerous when hurt as proved when he fought a rematch with Ezzard Charles in 55, Charles cut Marciano on his nose so badly that the corner man could not stop the bleeding,Marciano knew the fight could be stopped by the ring side doc and went all out winning by a knockout in the 8th.

All in all I think this would have been a short fight, no longer than 6 rounds, and ultimately Tyson would win by knockout, but he would have known he was in a fight.

Mexican

Registered Member
Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

I would love to see those two go at it and to see Pacquiao knockout Mayweather.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.

I agree, the two best pound for pound fighters on the planet.

I think they are similar weight so this is a fight we could well see in the near future.

After the recent events I think this is the only fight left for both boxers.

salsanchezfan

Registered Member

As a huge boxing fan, there's no shortage of matches I would have loved to have seen (Aaron Pryor vs. Sugar Ray Leonard, Sam Langford Vs. Jack Dempsey, etc, etc...) but for now, this is it. This fight very well could happen, provided Mayweather can beat Juan Manuel Marquez, who's on his way to becoming a boxing legend himself. Mayweather is the one guy I can see giving Pacquiao problems. Possibly. He doesn't have Pac's heavyweight power, though, but he's slippery as an eel and is undefeated.

Last edited:

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
Ricky Hatton vs. Frank Bruno. I want to see which one of them slams to the canvas first.

Seriously though, I agree with the Pacquiao vs. Mayweather Jr. suggestion, it would be a VERY even battle.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would love to see Ali vs Tyson, I think everyone would love to see this match up, Tyson as the power, but Ali his smooth on his feet and he can slip and slide those shots from Tyson.

Also like a few people mentioned I would love to see Pacquiao vs Mayweather, I really believe that Floyd can beat him.

Mexican

Registered Member

To be honest, I don't see Floyd Mayweather Jr. as one of the best boxers, but I would if he beat Manny Pacquiao.

Anthony1975

Registered Member
From what I heard there are very serious negotiations taking place to get Mayweather and Pacquiao in the ring at the end of the year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really hope it happens. Personally I think Mayweather wants to fight him, because ever since he retired Pacquiao as been known as one if not the best pound for pound boxer in the world, and I think that's making Floyd a bit angry and he wants to prove that he is the best.