Your DNA is evil :P

barbiegirl14

Registered Member
SOOOOOOOO ok so.... your standing in the lunch line.... and you see the jelly filled donut.... and your brain is saying "mmmmmm" and your conchince is saying "you better not that is so 10 lbs"... so you whine to yourself and walk past it.....

Its like... my body is so evil! Why does it make me want things that are bad for it. What was evolution thinking on that day?

As you may have alreadt guessed, when my ancestors were cavemen, fat and sugar were probly pretty scarce. So eating fatty fods, and sugar were a great source of energy for them.

Today corporations manipulate this desire, and mass produce it.

I hope you see where im going....

In conclusion... Our DNA is out dated!

The End lol :D

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
You want it because your mind has connected it to being delicious. If someone has never seen or tasted a doughnut, or anything else sweet before in their lifetime, it's more likely they'll ignore it. DNA has nothing to do with it.

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
I dunno I'll pick steamed broccoli over sweet foods pretty much any day, but I don't eat sweets. Now deep fried foods thats a different story.

I have to agree, your mind connects it with being tasty.

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
...out-dated? You do realize that it takes millions of years for DNA to evolve right? Genetically, we are way ahead of the game. We are kind of on top of the food chain if you did not see.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I stopped reading right there and shit myself.

Are you goddamn serious? Conchince?

...out-dated? You do realize that it takes millions of years for DNA to evolve right? Genetically, we are way ahead of the game. We are kind of on top of the food chain if you did not see.
You're not talking to someone who knows what evolution is, Nos. She's confused DNA with impulse.

"A strong appetite for sugar, fat and salt may have been adaptive for our ancestors, who had little access to sweet, fatty, and salty foods. We have inherited these appetites and have easy access to these foods. As a consequence, many of us suffer from obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease."

How humans evolved by Robert Boyd and Joan B. Silk. How Humans Evolved 4e : W. W. Norton College Books

A quote from a book that I had to read for college. It makes sense since a lot of people do like fried food or sweet stuff.

SOOOOOOOO ok so.... your standing in the lunch line.... and you see the jelly filled donut.... and your brain is saying "mmmmmm" and your conchince is saying "you better not that is so 10 lbs"... so you whine to yourself and walk past it.....

Its like... my body is so evil! Why does it make me want things that are bad for it. What was evolution thinking on that day?

As you may have alreadt guessed, when my ancestors were cavemen, fat and sugar were probly pretty scarce. So eating fatty fods, and sugar were a great source of energy for them.

Today corporations manipulate this desire, and mass produce it.

I hope you see where im going....

In conclusion... Our DNA is out dated!

The End lol :D
A jelly filled donut can't make someone 10 lbs heavier. It's actually all those small things that accumulate to great amounts of calories.

And just because you like something, doesn't mean that's automatically written in your DNA. These things takes thousands of years before anything noticeable happens.