Your connection speed.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnR, Oct 22, 2006.

1. JohnR

JohnR Registered Member

How fast are you connecting now of days? I currently am at 256k..not so fast but faster than dial up that I was at. What is your connection?

2. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

I am connected via Cable and my current speed is 4 Mbps.

3. JohnR

JohnR Registered Member

Uhmm. Wow! I bet downloads are a zip for you right? I want cable :(. Infact, I actually have to send my DSL back today.. UGH!

4. Mr_Snipes

Compared to the dial-up that I was using before, Yes. It is great to be able to download a 10MB file in less than a minute, instead of waiting a couple of hours.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm on a DSL connection now. I believe it's 1MBps down, and 256KBps up. I'm not sure though. It's definitely not as fast as my cable connection was, but I can't get that where I live now. :(

6. JohnR

JohnR Registered Member

Yeah. Where I live, there is a select few companies that you can get DSL from which stinks because I can get 728k for 20/month if it was available where I live.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

1.5 down and half of that up on a DSL connection.

8. JohnR

JohnR Registered Member

How come I cannot get my full 256k? I pay for 256k down internet.. but only recieve like 30k down. What's with that?

9. Mr_Snipes

When you are talking about 30k down, are you talking about 30 kilobits or 30 kilobytes?

10. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

We are getting 3Mbs down and half that up.