Your Camera?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Mirage, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What type of camera do you have? How many megapixels is it and are you happy with it?

I don't have a camera, surprisingly enough. I know enough people that have one that I can usually just borrow one when I need to.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

My baby is a Canon EOS Rebel XS DSLR. It puts out just over 12 megapixels and is quite frankly what I consider one of the best Tech Purchases I've ever made in my entire life.

I've honestly found that that particular DSLR changed the way I used my laptop and my photo software. Heck it even changed the way I look at alot of the world around me. I was told that

"when you buy a DSLR.... you no longer wait for picture opportunites to happen.... you make them happen" -kiwi

And its true, I seem to find myself taking astonishing amounts of pictures of just anything and truth be told I think they always come out looking great (or at least the ones in focus).

I mean hey... its just a dragon fly on a stick right?

[​IMG]

or just an unopened flower...

[​IMG]

Having that camera truly has opened my eyes to see the world around me in a very artistic manner.

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I have a Canon PowerShot A550 and it's 7.1 megapixels:

[​IMG]

It's a little dated now but for the price range it's been brilliant. It takes really good pictures. Here's a couple of example pictures my boyfriend took on it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

Haha, Bliss. I agree, for I had the same camera. I made the mistake of lending it out to my brother's girlfriend and she returned it broken.

Unfortunately too, I lost all the photos I took with it during my laptop crash. I'm uncertain the currency difference, but I paid $300 American for mine back in the day.

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Wow! I just converted dollars to pounds and I would have only paid $90! You paid a lot more for it than I did!

6. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I have a Sony Cybershot 7.2. Nothing special but does the job. All an all, I like my camera a lot because I pretty much only use it at parties or concerts. Nothing like photographing pictures like Bliss or Icegoat have demonstrated. The only option I wish was better was the zoom factor..it's pretty weak actually and the only reason I'd think about maybe getting a new camera.

[​IMG]

7. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I don't have one either, for the same reason as you. Any time I would want to take photos, I'm not by myself, so I can use friend's cameras. I would only think of buying my own for when I go travelling.

Nice pics Bliss! Or should I say, Justin. :nod:

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

My camera is the newer version of the one Bliss has. The Canon PowerShot A590 IS. It's 8.0 megapixels. I've been really happy with it. Not all of my pictures turn out as vivid and crisp as the ones Bliss posted, but it takes nice pictures and I love all the options it has.

9. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I currently have a Panasonic FZ50, its not a bad camera, it has a few issues with grain and noise on its 10mpx sensor, but the real beauty of this camera is the 12x optical fixed leica lens.

[​IMG]

I also have a Sony HDR-HC1 camcorder, even though its getting old is still one of the best non-pro HD cameras out there.

[​IMG]

10. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

[​IMG]

This is mine, 6.0 megapixels. Gets the job done:
    [​IMG]

Even The King approves:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010