• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Your biggest concern?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Yes I know it's only December, and there's time to fill out the roster, but at this very time, what's your biggest concern of your team you cheer for going into the 2015 season?

willge87

Registered Member
Blue Jays

(1) 2/3'rds of our outfield (Pompey and Saunders are supposed to be everyday players?)
(2) The rotation (Buehrle, Dickey and a bunch of young arms)
(3) Bullpen
(4) 2B

That was in no particular order. The additions of Martin and Donaldson are great, but there are still too many flaws on the Blue Jays to be fully confident.

willge87 said:
Blue Jays

(1) 2/3'rds of our outfield (Pompey and Saunders are supposed to be everyday players?)
(2) The rotation (Buehrle, Dickey and a bunch of young arms)
(3) Bullpen
(4) 2B

That was in no particular order. The additions of Martin and Donaldson are great, but there are still too many flaws on the Blue Jays to be fully confident.
I Echo all your concerns other then I'm not real concerned about Saunders. I also think the rotation could be a real strength but it could be disappointing too.

RLeesam

I don't mind the rotation. I think they'll be middle of the pack. It's the bullpen I'm worried about. That and somebody like Pompey being everyday players.

If the Jays can fix the bullpen, I don't think playoffs are out of the question. This lineup is lethal.

OlTimeBaseball

Registered Member
For the Giants:
I am concerned with the SS position. I am not sold on Crawford. I am a Duffy fan for that spot.
Left Field, I like Blanco but I don't love Blanco. Aoki is getting floated around. He sucks compared to Blanco.
3rd Base Coach. Roberto Kelly at 3rd Base Coach, hmmm a little concerned. I'll get back to that in May.
That's about it, as I told our caretakers in Alaska who are Seattle Fans "We got a pretty damn good baseball team"

rolewiii

I'll hit on a few teams that I pay attention to:

Blue Jays
1. RA Dickey just keeps getting worse. The Blue Jays need an ace. By April, they won't have one. By April 2016, Marcus Stroman is "The Ace."
2. Lineup: They need another left-handed bat. Nop, it doesn't have to be a second baseman.
3. Bullpen Power Arm: Get someone in there that can throw a fastball past Pablo, Ortiz, or put it between Ellsbury's shoulder blades. I hate to say it, but they should do everything they can to get Aroldis Chapman, who's just going to rot in Cincinnati.

Unlike most, I have almost zero concern over second base. The defense that Ryan Goins contributes makes up for having ONE below-average bat in the lineup. Get over your Goins hate, Blue Jays fans.

Nationals:
1. Rizzo trying to trade Zimmerman the pitcher. WHY?>!>! The team has no glaring holes that need addressed.
2. 2B: Espinosa isn't very good, but unlike Goins in Toronto, he' can't field. An upgrade would help.
3. Really not so concerned with Washington. They need a place for Ryan Zimmerman, which should end up being an American League trade partner, as he is a statue in the field at this point, and this only contributes poorly to his shoulder injuries.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
rolewiii said:
I'll I hate to say it, but they should do everything they can to get Aroldis Chapman, who's just going to rot in Cincinnati.
I'm a huge fan of Chapman, and I think he would look great in a Blue Jays uniform. That said, the price tag is a big one, and probably means either Norris or Sanchez involved in this trade - with a few other key pieces going to Cincinnati. Would you involve one of them in a trade to acquire Chapman.

rolewiii

Bizzy said:
rolewiii said:
I'll I hate to say it, but they should do everything they can to get Aroldis Chapman, who's just going to rot in Cincinnati.
I'm a huge fan of Chapman, and I think he would look great in a Blue Jays uniform. That said, the price tag is a big one, and probably means either Norris or Sanchez involved in this trade - with a few other key pieces going to Cincinnati. Would you involve one of them in a trade to acquire Chapman.
I wouldn't start with them. I'd give up Hutchison and low-level guys. I don't mind getting burned by the low ball guys. If Barreto is a future all-star, I'm fine with it. He netted us Donaldson.

If Jocketty demands Norris and some low-level guys for Chapman, no way. He's only signed through 2015. Might be best to wait on him until the deadline. He would be in high demand, so the offer would have to be competitive. I really think the Jays could use un Cubano, though.