Your best sports memory

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

What is your best sports memory and why? Please let me know why you have chosen that sports memory. I know there's going to be a lot of bias picks here, but that's all good.

Also if you can find a little clip on youtube don't be afraid to show it.

2. The_Show_Stopper

The_Show_Stopper Registered Member

As a Red Wings fan, I'm going with Claude Lemieux getting his ass kicked by McCarty in 97. He hit Draper from behind in the 96 playoffs and Draper had to get surgery on his face because of the hit. Lemieux got was coming to him and then Roy got his ass kicked and the Wings won the Cup.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pab978XyR3E

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I love that one too. When I'm bored at work or in a bad mood I'll watch that clip and it cheers me right up.

My favorite would have to be when the Wings won the cup in 2002. I cried like a little girl when Stevie gave the cup to Scotty Bowman.

4. njbroncsfan

njbroncsfan Registered Member

Back to back for the Broncos right before Elway retired.

Avs win in 01 and Sakic immediately gives the cup to Bourque.

Also, the Yankees in the 01 world series immediately following 9/11. Although they didn't win, it was a spectacular series and they were playing with heavy hearts as the site of the attack was in their backyard.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

For me it has to be in the 1993 World Series, the Blue Jays were facing the Philadelphia Phillies, it was game 6 and the Jays had a 3-2 game lead in the series, and it was the bottom of the ninth, and Joe Carter was up with two runners on, and he the Jays were trailling by two in that game. Mitch Williams was the closer for the Phillies, and he just threw Carter a fat one, and Carter just hit it out of the ball park to win the World Series. It was an amazing moment, and I will always remember this moment.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

7. The_Show_Stopper

I love watching the clip. I usually watch it right before I play baseball. Get's me pumped up which can sometimes be bad because one time, I almost hit a kid in the head after I watched the clip. :clap:

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

oh wow. Was that all in one game?

9. The_Show_Stopper

Yeah, the vid was all from one game which the Wings won in OT. The funny part is that McCarty should have gotten a game misconduct for what he did to Lemieux meaning an ejection from the game. He didn't and he scored the game winning goal.

10. dogman652

dogman652 Guest