Your a voter...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright, I want to get a good discussion going.

Let's pretend your a voter for the Hall of Fame, you see Barry Bonds on the ballot, do you vote him in or you vote no?

Thoughts and explanations.

Side note, if you say no please go in more detailed then saying he cheated. I don't mind if you use that in your argument, but we know you can come up with something better then those two words.

2. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

I'd vote him in, his records are amazing, most home runs in a season, most career home runs, most MVP awards.

I view people who are nominated for the hall based on stats and not whether or not they have been found to use steroids. Since truth be told, we don't know everyone who has used steroids.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

No.

Part of the hall of fame is personality, your attitude towards the game and Bonds was about as sour as you could get. Then, to top it all off the end of his career was highly questionable with all the worries of steroids. Bonds never addressed these concerns and instead acted like a baby throwing out weak excuses and refusing to cooperate. His early career showed him as a legend in the making but the end of his career ruined him.

4. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Yes-

The steroid era is a stain on baseball as a whole, but it was not against the rules of baseball at the time. There are several people that will reply "Well it's still illegal", and if that's the case about half the baseball players in the Prohibition era should be removed from baseball.

It is often argued that the HoF is a measure of a man's worth on AND off the field, and if that's the case, players such as Babe Ruth do not belong in there. He was an arrogant man, a chauvanist but was highly protected by the media, because he could be a hero to people.

The fact remains Bonds was a superb ball player. He had one of the fastest and pretty swings in baseball history, he gave his all on the baseball field, and deserves to be in the HoF for everything he did. *Even if you want to remove the HR record*
    ------
    There are plenty of assholes and snobs in the Hall of fame.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah but I have no say in guys that are already there.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I wouldn't vote for the same reason I wouldn't vote for McGuire, Sosa, or Palmero.

They used steroids.

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I will not vote for Barry Bonds to the Hall of Fame until he admits what he did and great detail (like McGwire did), says he's sorry and then we can move on. He felt the pressure like most other ballplayers did. Most people were taking and he was just fitting in, in reality.

I'd vote McGwire in right now but I wouldn't have before last week. Bonds is a dickhead but Ty Cobb was a racist. Personality means nothing to me.