• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

You work place closing. . . . . . .

ATARIGUY

Beermister
Have you ever worked at a place 5 or more years then find out that they are closing ???

BTW I am in retail (huge grocery store) and it appened to me this year but I got lucky and got transferred to another store a 2 minute ride from where I live.

It is AWESOME working there and the employees are great and the bosses are great even the costomers are great and all dept. managers are great and i got 2 raises since I got there almost 4 months ago.

For the rrist time in the last 2 years I am excited to go to work and I look forward to going to work and I have a few drinking buddies too. BONUS BABY !!!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Happy things turned out well for you.

I had one place I worked close but it wasn't until after I left. There were rumors even when I worked there. I don't think the employees got much of a warning either nor another job in a different store.

That last manager they had before they closed was a real piece of work so it's not surprising. I hated going to work after they hired him.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Last fall I got into a job I loved. The job itself is basically just labour, but in afactory with tons of things to do. I hardly ever do the same thing twice. Because of how productive I am, I often get requested by other department heads to come in and help make deadlines and stuff like that.

Its an amazing feeling to actually enjoy your job after years of dreading going to work everyday

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was a receiver at a retail store for about three years and they went bankrupt. I stayed til the end, let me tell you, it sucked sending out products to "more popular" stores so they can get rid of the stuff they carried.

The good thing about it, is that I hid some pretty expensive stuff that I wanted to buy, and waited til everything was 90% off. Biggest purchase was a $600 mix/blender and I got it for dirt cheap.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
I was working at a gas station for 5 plus years when it closed last year. I was so happy to see it close down I couldn't stand it, just miserable working there. Now I'm at a much better place that's a gas station but run so much better. Nice to actually be respected and not walked over.

Konshentz

Konshentz
This happened to me at my favorite job. It was a gas station, owned by the nicest guy ever and I got paid way too much for what I was doing. I could come and go as I pleased. A couple of great co-workers. It was pretty much perfect. Unfortunately, he got sick and had to sell it off rather suddenly. The new owner was a dick and turned it into a parking lot. Sad times. Haha.

hepismis

Registered Member
At an old job, I was backoffice for a private iinvestigation firm that dealt with insurance companies. One idiot investigator brought his brother on an investigation and the brother impersonated a police officer. The stupid investigator was fired right away, but the damage had already been done. Word spread in the insurance industry that that particular firm was bad news, and the client base dried up. I started sitting around in the office getting paid to read paperback novels, and then started getting unpaid days off. After two weeks of unpaid days off I asked for a layoff due to shortage of work and got it. I was on employment insurance for about four months before I got another, better job in a totally different industry, again as backoffice. When I checked in on the private investigation firm, it was down do three employees, including only one investigator. Eventually it closed down for lack of business. I felt bad about that, because the owner of the business was a retired police officer with a high level of honesty and integrity almost unknown in police officers. He deserved better than to have a stupid employee destroy his business.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I should have updated this a lot sooner but I am still with the same company and I got transferred to a parent store as the 6 off spring stores closed and the $$$ is better and lots more employees too and I work with the best people in that store too. . . . . . .