You Lying Git!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by English-Emo-Boy, Apr 25, 2009.

1. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

How often do you tell lies and are you regularly caught out?

I only tell lies when they are completely needed.

Like at work if I've messed something up and I think I have a relatively high chance of getting away with it then I'll lie.

I'll always weigh up the odds of being caught first before I go about lying, it's easy to spiral out of control.

That's why I rarely get caught, most of the time my parents give me the benefit of the doubt.

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I try not to lie because it causes more harm than good. I always feel guilty when I'm lying about something and it wouldn't take me long to fess up.
    I can't think of a situation where I would lie about something - even at work. I try and be honest because you can't go wrong that way.
    I hate feeling guilty and I hate pointing the finger too.

3. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I try my best to be honest. Sometimes, I'll tell half truths. You know, where you tell half the story, and leave out the incriminating bit. Mostly this is just in situations where I don't want to hurt the feelings of someone. The only people I full out lie to is the bill collectors. Student loans sometimes phones me when I'm late with a payment, and I always make up some bull excuse to get an extension.

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I lie pretty regularly to people that I don't care for.

Tucker likes this.
  5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I use to be a big liar when I was kid, sometimes it worked, but most times it failed. I pretty much lied to my parents all the time. I don't like anymore though, I dont see the point.

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I lie quite a lot. I pretend to myself that it's only when necessary, but that's not really the case :lol: I do it mainly to avoid confrontation or to get out of things or to make a situation 10x less frustrating than it otherwise would be. I use to lie to my parents all the time when I was younger, but I don't anymore, not as much need to.

7. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I used to lie when I was a kid, but nowadays I don't do it. Just when its for fun and then I tell the person like straight after.

But I don't lie about anything serious.

8. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I lie on occasion......... but usually Im honest about it. :shifteyes: For example if I needed something done I would ask for it to be done by Wednesday, then when they do it, I tell them thanks I will need that for Friday!

Occasionaly I do lie because it is more convenient to in the situation. Like when someone asks hows your day been? Sometimes its easier to just say good!

The problem I have when it comes to lying is my memory, when you lie you have to not only remember the truth but also the lie. Unfortunately I know a few compulsive liars who also have bad memories, it is quite funny listening to them sometimes as the stories consistently change, all you have to do is drop a line in and watch them squirm as they tell more lies to remedy being caught out.

9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

haha if I hadn't replied already, this would pretty much be my exact answer :lol: my memory can be terrible, sometimes I forget what I've said to someone, but I'm not that bad at all so it hasn't got me in trouble yet.

10. greyham_G

greyham_G Registered Member

i lie to get out of trouble with my parents/teachers, but my parents are pretty cool so theres not a lot i have to hide from them. When i do lie i make a mental note of my story and i always think about answers to other possible questions people may have after i have lied so if they try and catch me off guard im prepared and seem innocent. sometimes things go all screwy and i have to just own up to whatever i did, but usually i can get away with things.