• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

You Gave The Gift

Dabs

Registered Member
..of lottery tickets to a friend....that friend has now won $1000. a week for life.
How do you feel??

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Good for them, ya know? A gift is a gift.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
It's a gift, I would be jealous, but wouldn't demand any money from them. But I'll know who to turn to if I get into a financial bind though.

Last edited:

Dekzper

Registered Member
I'd feel awesome! :D Cause that would be like one of the best presents anyone could give somebody! But if anyone I know (here at home) is reading this, that is NOT what I want for Christmas! :stare: DO NOT take my new computer back to exchange for a lottery ticket! Or anything else! :shocked:

Bliss

Sally Twit
Good for them. You're taking that chance in giving them the ticket in the first place.
My manager buys us lottery tickets sometimes.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'd feel bad that of all lottery tickets I could give away and not keep, it's that. :lol: I'll be happy for my friend though.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
..of lottery tickets to a friend....that friend has now won $1000. a week for life.
How do you feel??
pretty good. what are the chances of that happening? It's a billion times more likely that you buy a lottery ticket and absolutely nothing comes of it, so this is miles better. It would be nice to have a friend who should always have your back financial-wise in the future, too :lol:

I will admit though that I would be thinking "what are the chances of that ticket winning... and what are the chances of me giving that damn ticket AWAY!"

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
My uncle gave me a scratch off my birthday this year and right before I did it he told me, jokingly I'm sure, hey if you win I want 10% of that!

If I gave that to someone and they won I'd be very happy for them but by the same token I'd be thinking shit, that could have been mine.

I rarely buy those anyway though so at the end of the day I'll just be happy for them.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
If they win, good for them. I would jokingly suggest that I should deserve a finders fee, but as far as I'm concerned, it is their money.

Now if they wanted to give me some, I wouldn't turn it down, but it is their money to do with as they pleased.

Dabs

Registered Member
My uncle gave me a scratch off my birthday this year and right before I did it he told me, jokingly I'm sure, hey if you win I want 10% of that!

If I gave that to someone and they won I'd be very happy for them but by the same token I'd be thinking shit, that could have been mine.

I rarely buy those anyway though so at the end of the day I'll just be happy for them.

The underlined, would be my thoughts.....exactly! :lol: