• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

You ever wonder if...

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
Someone you meet or run into on a forum is someone famous that just uses something like GF to not be the "famous them" for a couple hours or so a day. Somewhere they never let anyone really know its them so they can have a "normal" moment without all the hoopla around them.

dDave

V.I.P.
I've thought about this a few times, you never know unless they tell you and have actual proof that they are who they claim to be, but it doesn't really matter, sometimes famous people just need to get away from fame and have time to themselves rather than satisfying all of the wanting people.

For all we know You're Tom Cruise. ;) :lol:

bball4life

Alfred :: Gotham Hero
no that would be me, the almighty tom cruise. i will now accept my position as modorator of the forums

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
We've had a few people come here and claim to be somebody famous. They never confirmed who they were though so there's no way to be sure.

Would be cool though but since the entire point of joining such a forum would be to remain anonymous I doubt we'd ever find out.

Last edited:

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
I've thought about this a few times, you never know unless they tell you and have actual proof that they are who they claim to be, but it doesn't really matter, sometimes famous people just need to get away from fame and have time to themselves rather than satisfying all of the wanting people.

They wouldn't ever tell anyone they basically kept it a secret, I think it would be cool and if I were someone famous I probably would come somewhere like this or a message board and post just and not be my "famous self" just to get that normal feel without all the questions and hassle that would come with being famous.

viLky

ykLiv
I'm the same as Burger. That, and sometimes I'll say some jokes that I probably wouldn't want the public to know I said. It's just easy being anonymous.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
You're right. If you guys really knew who I was I wouldn't have a moment's peace. The paparazzi stalking me are bad enough, wherever I go, whatever I do, except when I'm on GF.

martyclark15

Registered Member
Someone you meet or run into on a forum is someone famous that just uses something like GF to not be the "famous them" for a couple hours or so a day. Somewhere they never let anyone really know its them so they can have a "normal" moment without all the hoopla around them.
OMG the Burger King! autograph?

-marty

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
We've had a few people come here and claim to be somebody famous. They never confirmed who they were though so there's no way to be sure.
Seriously? What happened with them?

Bliss

Sally Twit
I imagine that some sort of celebrity would have at least browsed the forum. Maybe someone like Harry Potter likes a weekly rant in the sports section.