• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

"You could lose a few pounds"

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Let's pretend you have this overweight friend, and you thought to yourself that this friend of yours could lose a few pounds. Would you ever tell them in there face or would you just avoid it all together?

I'm not talking about someone you see every now and then, I'm talking about a real good friend of yours.

Thoughts?

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Yes.

Not in a nasty way but if they're unhappy then I would definitely tell them.

If they aren't unhappy then I wouldn't probably because well, it isnt my place.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I have an obese friend who is the most positive guy in the world. So confident. Definitely wouldn't tell him because it's not my place to tell someone to lose weight. That is just downright rude.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
What's wrong with telling a friend they're overweight and that they have the chance to lose a few pounds??

I've told a friend she's overweight and that she should lose pound. She didn't feel bad for this. Of course, it's how you say it .. not what you say.
At least, I wouldn't feel bad if someone told me I'm overweight so I don't see where the big deal is.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
What's wrong with telling a friend they're overweight and that they have the chance to lose a few pounds??

I've told a friend she's overweight and that she should lose pound. She didn't feel bad for this. Of course, it's how you say it .. not what you say.
At least, I wouldn't feel bad if someone told me I'm overweight so I don't see where the big deal is.
Maybe because it's not your place to tell them? Look at yourself first before judging others.

Really? Because you surely know what is going on in an obese person's head..

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Maybe because it's not your place to tell them? Look at yourself first before judging others.
REALLY? if they start talking about how overweight they are ... and ask for my opinion .. is it still wrong if I tell them what I really think?

I think you're out of line here.

Really? Because you surely know what is going on in an obese person's head..
Is this really an argument? If someone's doing something wrong and you claim to be their real friend, don't you tell them they're wrong because you don't know what might go on in their head?
That's kinda ridiculous if you ask me.

_Owi_

Registered Member
Just as Kibi said, I would if i saw that it makes him/her feel bad about himself/herself and about his/her life (I know many people that ruin their life for this sort of things).
I think that is a problem just in this case - and I would help a friend, maybe inviting him/her to spend some time with me in gym.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
REALLY? if they start talking about how overweight they are ... and ask for my opinion .. is it still wrong if I tell them what I really think?

I think you're out of line here.

Is this really an argument? If someone's doing something wrong and you claim to be their real friend, don't you tell them they're wrong because you don't know what might go on in their head?
That's kinda ridiculous if you ask me.
I am saying, if you care about them truly. Do not tell them they need to lose it. Different story if they ASK for your opinion.

I am out of line? Please.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I am saying, if you care about them truly.
Yeah?? How can I claim to be a true friend while staying and watching how my friend's health is in risk by staying and watching how they become obese day by day .. and I do nothing about it?
How is this true friendship... ? you tell me.

_Owi_

Registered Member
I agree with Elly, it's a matter of health too (depending on cases). And well, it depends on how he/she reacts to the "problem". I don't think it would be friend-like not telling the truth while you know for sure that he/she's suffering for his/her weight.
I say that if I had this problem I would like to have a friend that showed me both comprehension and the will to help me - doing something with another person is the best way to do it.