• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

You can have one Adventure

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Okay guys, so each of you can have one adventure from the poll. For this thread let's just keep it to the ones I put into the poll.

Which would you choose? Why do you prefer that over the others?

First up, here is a bit of detail on each of the adventures so that the poll itself doesn't get too long.

1. Traditional Fantasy - Dragons, castles, mountains, big forests, wizards, massive armies, magic etc.

2. Sci-Fi Space - A futuristic sci-fi battle in space. Space ships, lasers, many distant planets, aliens allies and enemies.

3. Sci-Fi Earth - Terminator-style intelligent robots take over Earth. Advanced technology, hover cars/bikes, crazy weaponry, post-apocolyptic man vs machine.

4. Zombie Outbreak - Pretty self explanatory. You a surviver in a zombie outbreak. Fight to survive becoming one of the infected!

5. Victorian Gothic - Old dark mansions, vampires, werewolves, witches etc.

Okay so those are the 5 options. If you could choose one setting to go on your own adventure which would it be?

I personally would choose Traditional Fantasy. Anyone who knows me knows I'm obsessed with dragons. Just imagine, you and a horse, bow and arrow, sword in hand, travelling through deep mystical forests. Visiting small villages for shelter, passing through grand cities all on a quest to find the fabled dragons.

EDIT: I started the thread before I made the poll accidentally. And unlike other forums on GF you can't seem to edit polls after you start a thread. Just write about whichever one you would prefer. Maybe we can get a poll later from a mod.

Last edited:

StewedParrot

Registered Member
My first choice would have to be Sci-Fi Space! Except only on the terms that it would be like the movies and video games. Otherwise it would probably be insanely boring.

My second choice would be Sci-Fi Earth... Humanity united against the machine!

Although a Zombie Apocalypse sounds awesome, i don't think i could psychologically handle it. i can justify killing machines :p

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
My first choice would have to be Sci-Fi Space! Except only on the terms that it would be like the movies and video games. Otherwise it would probably be insanely boring.
Oh no, we are talking like the video games and movies here. Huge epic space battles between thousands of different star fleets. Native aliens defending their home planets and trying to take you out etc. That type of thing.

Falconer

Registered Member
Ooh, tough call between Trad Fantasy and Sci-Fi Space. I'm edging just a bit towards traditional fantasy, running around dual-wielding swords and with a bow and quiver strapped across my back, hero-leaping onto the back of a galloping horse, saving various whatevers in distress (damsels, princesses, stable boys, whatever), gathering up a small group of hardened adventurers and taking on the world, taming a dragon and swooping down on the enemy armies cooking them in their armour with my dragon's fire... Yeah, this is sounding awesome (and kind of something I want to write; problem is, every fantasy plot in the world has been done to death).

But then sci-fi in space... I was brought up on Trek and Andromeda and Farscape and all that sort of thing, and I can't deny the attraction of spacey sci-fi either. Captaining a ship of my own with a small command crew I trust implicitly, making split-second command calls that save us all from near-certain obliteration, freewheeling the ship around the event horizon of a black hole to propel us to light speed (and not getting stuck, Dylan Hunt ¬¬;;; -- sorry, Andromeda reference of the day, I'm done now), making diplomatic relations with those races who are receptive, bombing the ever-loving hell out of those that aren't in epic space battles... it's so hard to choose!

I think I might have to go for fantasy, though. But then if I went for space, there'd be a holodeck where I could have epic fantasy adventures too! Though I'd have to command-lock the doors so nobody saw the captain running around swinging a sword and yelling at a tame dragon.

This wasn't meant to be that hard a question, was it, Cru? xD

Taliesin

Registered Member
Gonna have to go with traditional fantasy there, Cru.

I want to be able to roam through a mythical land full of danger and wondrous things.

I want to chart the waters of savage seas, and plunder their depths for mysteries and treasures beyond what I could conceive.

I want to roam through dense, dark forests full of the spirits of things long forgotten, and find a secret, enchanted vale that has stone monoliths with ancient carvings on them.

I want to trek up mountains only to discover that they are the vast rib cage of a fallen giant. I want to capture and tame a huge, woolly aurochs, and to track the dread wolves across the snowy mountain plains.

I want to find my way into the clouds where the dragons sleep, to observe them from a safe distance, and to spring lightly across those ethereal fields to other realms that may exist alongside this one.

That would be grand!

Wade8813

Registered Member
I'd probably like all of them about the same, except for Sci-fi Earth and Zombie outbreak. Both of them would involve a lot of people dying, possibly including friends and family. Plus zombies would be gross.

Scissorhands

Registered Member
It's a hard call for me between Traditional Fantasy and Victorian Gothic. I'm definitely not into Twilight, but I've always been a fan of the vampire/werewolf stuff. I was and listening to AFI heavily when the first Underworld came out, haha.

I love Traditional Fantasy video games, namely MMOs. Now that you've posed the question, I realize that I'd be quite excited to find a good Victorian Gothic themed MMO!

StewedParrot

Registered Member
Oh no, we are talking like the video games and movies here. Huge epic space battles between thousands of different star fleets. Native aliens defending their home planets and trying to take you out etc. That type of thing.
in that case, i would probably want to venture through something like Firefly or Startrek. Although i do love the Battlestar Galactica setting, i think that it would be more stressful than fun.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Easily Sci-Fi Space.

For some reason, something is always intriguing about space-faring science fiction. Mass Effect, Star Wars, and Firefly helped with that, too. Being able to helm my own ship would be beyond awesome, I believe.

A Zombie Apocalypse would be AWESOME, though. Especially if I had a lightsaber, but that would be my second choice.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
None really appeal to me because I am not the type of person that gets involved with stuff like that, especially movies and TV shows but I'd go with the Zombie version because I loved I am Legend. That guy lived it up, had the world to himself.