• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies You are the film maker

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
So a little game for all of us film buffs.

If you had an unlimited budget (unlimited as I have now idea how much it costs with regards to actor fees etc) to make your own film what film would it be? What genre would you choose? Would it be directed at teens, young children or adults? Who would you have direct or write the film? Would you wish to do it? Would you want major stars and lots of distribution or more of an indie film?

I am going to put some serious thought into this but wondered about other people and their ideas.

Impact

V.I.P.
I know to start with I would want Darren Aronofsky to direct it. I'd let him have pretty free reign on how things went down exactly, but I would want it to be some sort of post-apocalyptic type movie. Something more fallout style as opposed to zombies and whatnot. It would definitely be directed at adults as there would have to be a decent amount of gore, violence and a sex scene thrown in there. Probably lesser known actors, although going against that I think it would be cool to have Jospeh Gordon-Levitt as a lead character.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
My film would be a heavy-hitting, character-driven drama about the trials and tribulations of being a young adult trying to get out of some bad situation. My director would probably be either Danny Boyle or the Coen brothers. Lead? I would go as far as putting someone like Logan Lerman (3:10 to Yuma).