You Are Not Crazy

Their are lots of different types of mental illness, such as depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic attacks, and more.

However, if you do have mental illness, even if it's severe, you are not crazy. The reason is that you and anyone else with serious mental health issues are too complex of a person to be put in one category.

Instead, you are a person who is dealing with an illness that, while terrible, can be overcome with the help of mental health professionals and a positive attitude, much like individuals with a physical illness.

Impaired

Registered Member
My oldest sister is crazy. She sees and hears people who are not there. She is unable to see the consequences of her actions. She chose to spend 6 months in jail rather than give her name to the police. She calls at 4am to chat and can't understand why you are upset with being woken up. You can give it a different name, but it amounts to the same thing.

The point of the OP is to help those who suffer from mental illness to overcome the stigma associated with their illness and seek the help they need.

Impaired

Registered Member
The point of the OP is to help those who suffer from mental illness to overcome the stigma associated with their illness and seek the help they need.
I understand that - but as the OP says, there are all kinds. I was pointing out that some folks are batshit crazy. We'd like to think this isn't so, but nothing is going to make my sister be able to hold a job, or have an apartment she doesn't set on fire, or a million other things we take for granted. It isn't her fault, but the facts remain.