You and your native language

What languagu is foreign fo you?

• Total voters

Asenka

Registered Member
Hi everebody! I'm from Russia and my native language is Russian... I study English at school. But it's not enough for me! What are you can tell about your native language and about language which foreign for you?:):):):):)

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Uh... shoot... crap... :lol: I voted English in the poll, wow that was incredibly stupid!

Any language besides English is foreign for me, I had Spanish for a long while and just never really got it no matter what I did, so I quit when the opportunity presented itself (about a year ago).

Unless you count programming languages or computer languages of any kind then I only know English which is enough for me. I also know very advanced music theory if you'd count that.

But in short, no, I don't speak any language native to any country unless it's English.

That poll is made very poorly btw, it's a single choice poll asking which languages are foreign to me when 3 of the 4 are...

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I don't understand the poll question either.

Growing up my fist language was Spanish until I started school and now speak both fluently. But I would say my English is better than my Spanish.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Hi everebody! I'm from Russia and my native language is Russian... I study English at school. But it's not enough for me! What are you can tell about your native language and about language which foreign for you?:):):):):)
oh god. the head professors of the chemistry department are russian and east european. Thyey tyalk lyike thyis. I cyannot understyand wot thyey are saying. :lol:

My native languages are chinese and taiwanese. I can't say whether or not I learned either one first because my mom taught them to me at the same time. But if I had to say, I would think taiwanese came first. So anything other than those and english are foreign. Even English, I suppose :shocked: but English is my dominant language so I don't count that.

I've been around a lot of people who speak the languages on the poll though, so it's not completely foreign to me.

Last edited:

Sim

Registered Member
My native language is German.

In school, my first foreign language was French and the second was English. But since I've had the opportunity to practize English much more than French, my English is better.

I'm fluent in English and don't often need to think or look words up, but as everybody here can see, I make mistakes. My French is not as good, I make way more mistakes, but it's good enough for basic communication with French people.

Last year, I took a Polish language class in college, but since it was only one semester, I'm a beginner only. I know how to say "hello" and "thank you" in Polish, but that's about it.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
My native language is English but I can speak German (my mother and my mother's side of the family are from Germany). I learned Italian from an ex boyfriend of mine who was Italian and I took a Spanish language course with my husband about 2 years ago.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Uh... shoot... crap... :lol: I voted English in the poll, wow that was incredibly stupid!
I know, me too. What an odd, confusing poll...

Anyways, I have a mutli-ethnic background, but since English is the first language I learnt, I consider it my native tongue. The other languages, I learnt by taking after school classes and simply practicing no matter how bad I sounded at first.

I'd unvote and revote, but I'm too lazy.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
My native language is Albanian which has nothing to do with the poll options.

I speak English, Spanish and Italian but from all these I'm fluent in English.