Yet another gun to my collection

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by pro2A, May 1, 2009.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Here we go again :)

I traded my High Standard 1911 for this Auto Ordinance 1911. The High Standard recoil spring busted, and instead of waiting for it to get fixed, I just said fuck it and traded it for a better looking one and got the Auto Ordinance 1911 instead... I love it :D

This is gun number um... uhhhhhhh...... I forget :confused:

[​IMG]

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

This is a very nice investment. Worth the trade in. Most definitely the next Pistol I purchase will be of the 1911 breed. I've got my sights set on Kimber though. Always been a fan and never heard any complaints.

3. pro2A

Almost traded it for a Taurus 1911... but I didn't like the stainless steel on it, I prefer the blued kind. I'm gonna pimp it out and make it a WW2 1911 replica with new pistol grips.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  4. icegoat63

I can agree, I've never been a huge fan of Stainless personally. For me its either the Synthetic Black or just the standard Blued. Especially for a piece as timeless as a 1911.

5. SubZero

SubZero Registered Member

That is a nice design, too many permits to go through here

6. pro2A

Ya I hear Canada sucks to get a gun.

PA... walk in... pick out gun... fill out form... pay... walk out with gun.

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  7. icegoat63

PA... ha! you got nothing on California...

Walk in... wait an hour for the clerk to actually believe you wanna buy a gun... fill out form... Pay... Fill out another form...Pay more fees.... Fill out another form.... Then another... then another...then go home....

5 days later..... wonder what your gun is up to?

7 days later..... start looking for things to attach to your gun

9 days later..... decorate a special spot where the gun is going to go when you finally get it

10 days later..... walk in and ask for your gun, only to realize that the "10-day" waiting period starts the day after you purchased it; leave pissed off and ready to shoot someone.

11 days later...... triumphantly walk in and rescue your gun from its holders... fill out release form... then another form.... Pay for the holding fee... and leave.

8. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

Try it in the UK and you'll get nowhere. The most we can get in shops legally are gas guns. Or at least, that's what we have around here anyway.

pro2A likes this.
  9. pro2A

So here are the pictures with the new grips :D and holster, and mags, and mag holster...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  10. Beretta295

Beretta295 Registered Member

You lucky Americans!!! Even having thoughts about collecting firearms in Australia will probably get you arrested. We don't even get to have airsoft guns...let alone a Colt 1911