• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Yet Another Funpark Nightmare

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to wonder how often these rides are inspected. Especially the ones that are fast with turns and drops. There is too much potential for someone to be killed not to inspect them often.

If the boat was upside down and someone hadn't been there to help these people I bet some of them, if not all, would of drowned.

dDave

V.I.P.
I have to wonder how often these rides are inspected. Especially the ones that are fast with turns and drops. There is too much potential for someone to be killed not to inspect them often.

If the boat was upside down and someone hadn't been there to help these people I bet some of them, if not all, would of drowned.
That's the real problem here, isn't it? All it takes is a couple of people to say "it's fine, I'm sure there's no problem" and suddenly somebody dies in a freak accident when all they were trying to do is have some fun for the day.

We have one good amusement park in the entire state of Colorado, I don't believe I've ever heard of anything worse than someone losing a show in a roller coaster there.

Given the great potential to have a fatal accident on any number of these rides, I think that inspections should be requited and penalties for any issues such as these need to be much stiffer. It would actually make me more comfortable to go to the park for the day knowing that the rides have in fact been checked and are being closely monitored.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm pretty sure the rides have to be inspected on a very regular basis, like maybe even every day before the park opens. I'm sure it's something they take very seriously. It's not uncommon to see a ride closed for maintenance, or to see them send empty trains around a roller coaster.

I think there are probably instances where rides fail due to negligence or poor judgement by the operators. But I think that a lot of these accidents are probably unavoidable. I'm sure the rides are put under a lot of stress and things can break without warning.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Back in 2002 just as my family and I arrived at Fiesta Texas, I did see them do a test run on the Rattler (the old one, that is) and the coaster ran fine, especially after my sister and I rode it. That's a sign of inspection.