Yeah, that was close

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngelsPeak, Feb 14, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Driving home from work today, I was in the passing lane (my favorite) not really paying attention to how fast I was going, when what to my wondering eyes should appear? Flashing lights in my rearview mirror.
    I pull to the side with a grumble and groan, turn off my car and hang up the phone.
    Okay enough rhyming...anyway, the cop walks up to the side as I think "someone just knick him with your car" (no such luck) and gives the usual.."do you know why I pulled you over?" Geez, does anyone actually say "for going 90 in a 70 zone?"
    He takes my paperwork back to his car, sits there for about 15 minutes then comes back and says "I'm going to let you off with a warning today, Happy Valentines Day, and slow down" whewwwww!

I've only gotten 1 ticket in my life about 10 years ago, for running a red (I say orange) light.

Any other lead footers in here? I am the most impatient person you could ever meet, it drives me nuts to be behind a slowpoke.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow that was close. I wonder if it would have turned out different if it was a day earlier. :)

I used to be pretty heavy on the gas when I had a faster car but lately I don't speed much if at all. I have a nice 0 ticket record and I want to keep it that way for as long as I can.

Once I get a sports car I might have more of a tendency to speed though. The thing I'm driving now really is no fun to speed in anyway.

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Ive gotten 2 tickets within a months time and pulled over a total of 3 times. All this year...

4. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

ive never been pulled over
    but ive also been driving for less than a year haha

5. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Your really lucky. It's very rare that they do that because most cops are jerks. I hate to say this but the women(cops) are the worst.

6. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

wow...sometimes speeding happens without realization. glad to hear he was a good cop and was cool courtesy of this bogus holiday.

7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Yeah, I was hoping it wouldn't be a female.

8. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I've been in friends cars when they were pulled over, but never been pulled over myself. I usually end up going around five over the speed limit, which is basically negligible to cops.

9. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Post of the day.

10. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I haven't really been driving for very long, so I don't have any good stories to tell. It'd be pathetic if I already have a ticket though. I tend to go around 5 over the limit and maybe 10 if no one's around.

I wanted one of those detectors that told you if a cop was nearby, but my mom wouldn't let me.