Yeah here I am

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tacticious, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Tacticious

Tacticious New Member

You may or may not know me. Never posted here, just barely registered. I'm pretty active in other communities as well. I play CoD, CoD2, Far Cry, Diablo 2, WC3, Drakan, and some others I forget.

I'm the leader of clan MWM (http://mwm.clanservers.com) for CoD / CoD2.
    I own my own business doing 2d graphics / visual design, web page design, hardware repair, software repair, website hosting, and software design. I'm currently studying to do more visual work, especially involving 3D graphics.

I own the semi-popular Fusion Gamers hosting website. Lots of hosted websites scattered throughout my network but still have trouble getting any body on my forums lol.

That's about it.

Oh and I just finished this signature. Check it out and let me know what you think.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That's one of the coolest sigs I've seen in a long time. What program(s) did you use to make it?

Sounds like business-wise you do a lot of similar things that I do. Welcome to Game Forum. Hope you like it here. :)

3. Tacticious

Tacticious New Member

Thanks Andrew :)

The 3d animations were done in 3DS Max 8. The text and special effects were done in Photoshop. The 3DS Max 8 final rendering was converted from AVI to GIF using 123 AVI to GIF Converter. The final animation (bringing it all together) was done in ImageReady. All in all the sig took about 4 possibly 5 cumulative hours to make. Although now I basically can do a signature like that in around 5-10 minutes since I've done it all, have all the programs, and the 3d animations are saved.
    ------
    I love testing my own creativity. My most recent project is making my own portal in PHP / MySQL. The only problem is I have no idea how to do any MySQL integration with PHP. I'm learning it now and it's a pain running into problems and not having the experience to correct it. Although my PHP experience helps me learn it, and I know general structuring of databases. All in all it's coming along steadily but quite slowly.

If there's anything you'd like to see let me know Andrew. I'd like to help around here now and then if possible. I know it's probably quite early to be discussing it and I understand if you don't need help, it looks like you're doing quite good. Just a thought :)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Hey Tacticious, drop me a PM and we can talk some more. I do a lot of SQL and PHP stuff so we could definitely work together on some future stuff. :)

5. Tacticious

Tacticious New Member

Sounds good man. If I don't contact you soon could you please drop an email my way? Comp problems, I think my Video Card is fried. The fan on it will not run, I've tried EVERYTHING to get it to work. Way more work than I should have. Anyway, I'll be ordering a new one. Hopefully I'll send an email your way sometime soon :)