Yankees fans: Tasteless

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Merc, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

ESPN - Papelbon's pregnant wife reportedly felt threatened - MLB

Not only this, but the Yankee fans were also booing Papelbon as he entered. They jeered and taunted the home team. What a bunch of damn fairies and they wondered why Papelbon struggled. It's hard enough to pitch in an All-Star game let alone doing it in front of sore losing, taunting fans.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Oh, I thought this would be like the Raider fans where somebody gets stabbed... Whew.
    I don't mind the boo's and whatnot if people decide to do that, but once you start threatening somebody's life then that crosses a line. :\

3. Merc

Even the booing was crazy, I mean, the fucking morons were booing a player ON THEIR TEAM. We may have won earlier if Papelbon wasn't being heckled so much.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree that they should of behave better then what they did, especially on the Red Carpet for his pregnant wife. But lets be honest here, it would of been the same thing if it was at Fenway Park. Boston Fans hate Yankee players and Yankee fans hate Red Sox players.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

It was also kind of classess of Papelbon to say that he should get the close over Rivera. He got booed for running his mouth.

You're telling me Rivera, A-Rod, and Jeter wouldn't have been booed if the game was in Boston?

6. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Papelbon is a little bitch and I even understand why the Yankee fans booed him since he's a loud mouth and on the hated Red Sox but nobody should ever have their life threatened...

Period.

7. Merc

So because the guy is confident, he's classless? He's a closer, too. All closers are hotshots, they all want the ball. Who gives a shit if it's at Yankee stadium? Rivera will have plenty of chances to pitch. Hell, why don't we just get all the Yankees in there against the NL?

I never said Yankees would not get booed in Fenway. Don't go all Angels on me, Steve. But Paps came into a tense situation and the Yankee fans just got pissed that it wasn't Rivera so they booed him and with that kind of pressure, it's easy to be shaky like Paps was.

Two words for you:

Steinbrenner family.

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

While I don't think labelling all Yankees fans like this is okay, that's really messed up that their own players can't get respect from the fans who shell out money to see them play weekly.

9. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

getting booed by the rival teams fans are part of the sport, and yes fans can get way over board from time to time. Remember fan is short for fanatic. If you can't handle the boos keep your ass at home on the couch where you are safe from them.

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Boos are one thing, threats are something that shouldn't happen anywhere in sports.